Seaglass in Bonaire?

HtownHolly

We're setting sail on Navigator this Friday, and our last port will be Bonaire. We've decided to rent a golf cart rather than take a RC excursion, so we'll be out and about at our own leisure, totally mobile. Anyone know if there are good spots to comb for sea glass on the island? How about Aruba? We have a MUCH longer stay there, so once the excursion is done, maybe we can rent a bike or something (will be there Christmas Day, so... might not be possible). Or Curacao/Labadee?

Before you make too many plans about searching for and bringing back sea glass, I recommend that you make sure that you CAN bring back sea glass from any of these ports.  Some countries prohibit removing sea glass.  Your next question is likely to be, "how do I find out ?" to which I would answer, "I have no idea".  I just know that I have read that people were prohibited from bringing back sea glass that they had collected....that it was considered a "prohibited item".  I really don't have any idea how you find out if it is permitted or not.  Maybe just a google ?  Good luck !!

Just did this cruise last week.   A local artist setup in the port area on Curacao was selling art that included sand and sea glass glued to it.  We didn't try to find any sea glass or bring back sand (which some countries prohibit as well) so I can't help you there.  

On Aruba, Eagle Beach is beautiful soft sand.  No bits or pieces of shells or glass, just soft granular sand.  

Good luck, all beautiful islands and the shop merchants didn't try the pushy sales tactics, very enjoyable.

I love Curacao.  It is my favorite Caribbean island.  I love to walk through the fort(s), over the Queen Emma pontoon bridge and hire one of the tuc-tucs on the other side.  They give the sweetest tours through the floating market and downtown.  I definitely prefer Curacao to Aruba...although Aruba is beautiful, too....just not as culturally rich, IMO.  This is a GREAT itinerary.

Just now, WAAAYTOOO said:

I love Curacao.  It is my favorite Caribbean island.  I love to walk through the fort(s), over the Queen Emma pontoon bridge and hire one of the tuc-tucs on the other side.  They give the sweetest tours through the floating market and downtown.  I definitely prefer Curacao to Aruba...although Aruba is beautiful, too....just not as culturally rich, IMO.  This is a GREAT itinerary.

+1 on this, we actually love them both, they are each unique.

1 hour ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I love Aruba.  It is my favorite Caribbean island.  I love to party all night till the cows come home.  They give the best night tours through the Island to include every bar and party activities around.  I definitely prefer Aruba to Curacao..although Curacao is beautiful, too....just not as culturally rich, IMO.  This is a GREAT itinerary, just wished i could remember more while i was there!

I fixed it for you..no need to thank me..? Thats what you meant to say right?