Cozumel supermarket

Traveler

It is on the same road as the cruise port that goes right along the coast. You will pass it right before you get to the downtown shopping area in San Miguel. It isn't impossible to walk but I wouldn't recommend it unless you are looking for a lot of exercise. My wife and I have walked from downtown to the cruise port before and made it, but we fully regretted our decision about halfway there. Below is a map of the path that estimates about a 45 minute walk one way. You will definitely be able to find a taxi near the cruise port and near the store afterwards you should be able to flag one down since it isn't far from the other cruise port and downtown. The store is called MEGA.  

Capture.JPG

There will be taxis right out front in the parking lot at MEGA..it's easy.  

There's a local restaurant called Casa Denis that I went to in Cozumel.  It's off a side path a little and not on the main road.  I think it's closer to the NCL port than downtown..near the Playa del Carmen ferry, though...but it was good eating!

1 hour ago, AshleyDillo said:

There will be taxis right out front in the parking lot at MEGA..it's easy.  

There's a local restaurant called Casa Denis that I went to in Cozumel.  It's off a side path a little and not on the main road.  I think it's closer to the NCL port than downtown..near the Playa del Carmen ferry, though...but it was good eating!

I've been to Casa Denis twice. It's not bad, and certainly more authentic than your typical fare.  However, I think there are more authentic spots that will cost less in town.  But you can do far worse than Casa Denis

3 hours ago, Matt said:

I've been to Casa Denis twice. It's not bad, and certainly more authentic than your typical fare.  However, I think there are more authentic spots that will cost less in town.  But you can do far worse than Casa Denis

Thanks, 

At the end we went to Casa Denis ,it was not bad at all and was easy to find. Not to many were eating there when we went, what I liked is the fact they might be the only restaurant around that did not tried to convince us to try them.  

3 hours ago, arebee said:

Ok, I got a question... We've never ate outside the port (other than Nassau) so do they take US currency or do you have to use a credit card or local currency?

Almost every restaurant accespts dollars , just make sure you ask for the rate before and have a calculator to check how much you need to pay as some of the places has really maths problem ...

I did walk to this MEGA (walked into town from the RCL pier).  The sun will beat you down and it is quite the hike i will tell you that.

One thing to note at this store is they will store any and all bags you have in the front in small lockers while you shop.  Obviously this is to prevent theft but be sure to not leave anything of value in those bags.  

Their prices are pretty reasonable to restock on sunblock (and you wont get a fake watered down version).