Rebooking Cabanas

Pima1988

Forgive me, but this is a 2 prong question (excursion and spa)

I know you can book at the higher price and then cancel and rebook at lower.  However, let's say all of the cabanas are officially booked.  IE Chill Island only has 14 cabanas.  I purchased at 649.  The price is now 449.  If I cancel the 649, at the same time Joe Schmoo tries to book at 449, does Joe Schmoo get the cabana bc while I am trying to rebook they beat me to SUBMIT?    My assumption is yes.  

If that is the case, 2nd prong,  I want a spa day, but all of the times are booked at the 99, so I just hover/lurk the website to jump when Joe Schmoo tries to rebook at a lower cost.

FYI.  I got my cabana at 449, and don't expect it to drop on Black Friday, but if it does, even to 349 I don't want to lose it if that is how RCCL works.  If I know that I can keep 1 of those 14 cabanas at a lower price, I will rebook.

If there is only 1 remaining than, yes, keep it and don't cancel, but if there are 2 remaining, book the cheaper one first and then cancel the more expensive one.

Most of the time when we are saying book and then cancel and re-book if cheaper is not something that has a finite number like cabanas, obviously drink packages they are not going to run out of.

• 2 months later...

Hi Pima, I had this worry as well. Loosing my cabana while I jumped on the lower price. I ended up calling RC customer service & they handeled it for me. I had used a “ credit” & wanted to get the refund,  apply the refunded credit to the lower price. All went well & was accurate on my credit card bill.