Allure 1 Bedroom Aqua Theater Suite

jaullram

We are back from our Eastern Caribbean cruise on Allure in a 1 bedroom Aqua Theater Suite on Deck 11 and we LOVED it!!  Allure is a spectacular ship and we loved watching all of the aqua shows from our balcony!  The only thing we were disappointed in was it was too hot most days to enjoy the balcony because of the humidity.

We are planning our fall cruise for next year and am wondering if it is less humid sailing from Florida if we sail in late October/early November? We would prefer Spring but the airfare is too high to justify going that time of year.

This is one of the water shows from our balcony!

20180919_215136.thumb.jpg.b2e8c06d5c1e50d2b7a88744ce9b34a2.jpg

We have been in many ATS on Allure and Harmony - mostly during the month of Feb and it is still very warm out on the decks.  We have found that the most useful time for eating outside on the deck(s) is breakfast.  By afternoon, it is often just too hot out there to really enjoy it for very long.  Over the years, we have been disappointed in the amount of time we enjoyed our ATS decks.  They are GREAT places for watching the shows and for throwing parties but we found it of limited use for just hanging out or for eating.

That is what I was worried about - not being able to enjoy our balcony.  We usually leave out of Baltimore or NJ so we always get to enjoy the balcony (we typically go in April and September).  Saying that, I will definitely try one of the Oasis class ships again - they are beautiful and for how large they are, didn't seem crowded.

5 hours ago, jaullram said:

wondering if it is less humid sailing from Florida if we sail in late October/early November

October is when the weather pattern typically changes.  As an example, this year the humidity largely dropped out about a week before Halloween.

I've sailed several times around Veteran's Day (November 11) and found it is an ideal time.  The humidity has dropped and the temps are much more bearable. 

Bonus: You avoid the holiday crowds and pricing.  For me since Veteran's Day is a paid day off, it's like an extra free vacation day for me.

It's a great time for the theme parks in the Orlando area as well for the same reasons. 

MLK in January is another good holiday weekend for the same reasons, but the water temps are a bit chilly then.

16 hours ago, Matt said:

October is when the weather pattern typically changes.  As an example, this year the humidity largely dropped out about a week before Halloween.

Matt you are not too far from me and I’ll agree with your statement with a caveat.  That is a very optimistic view.  I’ll take the more realistic view.  Those are overall trends and do hold true.  Temps and humidity will drop usually from late October up to maybe mid March.    Out on the water and the further south you go the more likely temps and humidity will increase. 

The weather fronts will determine what you can expect over a particular week or even a couple of days.  If a front comes up from the south expect warmer and humid conditions.  Fronts from the north will drop the temps and have dryer air.  Unfortunately you can never tell how that will impact a particular cruise unless you are booking very last minute.  One can plan a cruise during that time and if you live farther north will probably feel more humid but watching the weather in the last week will help set expectations.  

And it is all relative (humidity that is).