Soda Question!

M&M Mom

Hi,

I'm new here and have never been on a royal Caribbean cruise.  I'm sure I will have plenty of questions between now and March.  From what I have read so far, soda isn't complimentary at the bars, etc., but in the dining room with your meal is soda an option or do you need to pay for it there as well?

Just now, M&M Mom said:

but in the dining room with your meal is soda an option or do you need to pay for it there as well?

Soda costs extra everywhere on the ship. You can order soda from the main dining room, but it would be same cost as ordering a soda from any bar or lounge elsewhere on the ship.

Free drinks are water, iced tea, lemonade, juice @ breakfast, hot coffee (plain, no specialty types) & hot tea.  Everything else is extra.  If you're a soda drinker, get the soda package -- you only need to drink 3 a day to get your money's worth, & if your ship has the freestyle machine, you can get all the various fun combinations. The refreshment pkg (all non alcoholic drinks, specialty coffees, bottled water, juice @ any time, etc) also includes sodas, as well as the deluxe package (alcoholic drinks, + everything in the refreshment package). 

You should be aware that all of the beverages packages include fountain sodas only.  If you are a Coke snob like me and want a can, you will still have to pay for it.  When we have the deluxe beverage package I can usually convince them to give me a can vs a fountain drink but it sometimes takes some convincing.  My guess is that if you only have the soda package they would not give you a can instead of a fountain drink.

1 hour ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

If you are a Coke snob like me and want a can, you will still have to pay for it. 

I did not like any of the flavors from the Freestyle Machines. I don’t think they get their flavors syrups from the US. 

I got a canned Coke from the hotdog place by the Carousel on the Harmony.  But that only happened once.