Several Oasis Questions

Sailing on Oasis on December 16, 2018 and have several questions. Thank you in advance for your insights.

1.  We (me, husband, three children) are ending our cruise on December 23 and planning to drive to the west coast of Florida to spend the holidays with family.  We have an Enterprise rental reservation for a mini van that morning.  I’ve been reading that sometimes there are long lines and no minivans...we have 5 people and luggage for 2 weeks, so we really need the space.  Any advice on what time to exit the ship to avoid lines at the Enterprise counter and ensure a mini van? (Happy to carry our own luggage off the ship.) Also, I have heard about long lines for the rental car shuttles, has anyone done Uber (or just walked)?

2. Can anyone tell me for sure when the Christmas decorations will be up on the ship?

3.  I purchased some battery operated Christmas lights, was thinking we might decorate the doors of our two cabins (down the hall, not adjacent—oldest child is finally 21!).  Has anyone done this and did anyone mess with your decorations?  Will the battery operated lights get my luggage sent to the naughty room?

4. We are only Gold ( will upgrade after this cruise) is there a separate checking line for gold at Port Canaveral?

thanks!

Welcome to the message boards!

Car rental shuttles are a short walk from where you exit the terminal.  I don't use Enterprise in PC but if they are like Hertz it's a smaller operation in Canaveral and can get busy.  Self assist is always a quick way to beat the crowds.  I'm on a few weeks before you and will be renting a car upon my return.  

Christmas decorations usually go up at or soon after Thanksgiving.  If I live blog, you'll see the photos here in the live blog section.

I've seen battery operated door lights on other ships at Christmas.  Unfortunately people do sometime take door decorations.  Not often but it ruins your day when it happens.  Most folks who decorate aren't victims but all it takes is that one person...

The exact C&A queues can vary week to week based on numbers.  Sometimes the gold/platinum/emerald queues are shorter than the diamond/d+ queues.  Generally speaking Royal has a pretty efficient check in process, you have to in order to board so many guests.  I wouldn't worry too much about it, just follow the signs for Gold and you should be through in good time, depending when you arrive of course.  Peak times round noon will be busy in all queues.

On 10/20/2018 at 6:58 PM, ThisFlockCruises said:

Any advice on what time to exit the ship to avoid lines at the Enterprise counter and ensure a mini van? (Happy to carry our own luggage off the ship.) Also, I have heard about long lines for the rental car shuttles, has anyone done Uber (or just walked)?

Lines can happen at the rental car company locations. I recall picking up a friend who was returning a car at the Budget office in Port Canaveral and it was an absolute zoo in there. My best advice is to take advantage of the car rental loyalty program so you can do one of those self-service pick up and go options (assuming the location supports it).

Can anyone tell me for sure when the Christmas decorations will be up on the ship?

Mid-late November. Thanksgiving at the latest.

I purchased some battery operated Christmas lights, was thinking we might decorate the doors of our two cabins (down the hall, not adjacent—oldest child is finally 21!).  Has anyone done this and did anyone mess with your decorations?  Will the battery operated lights get my luggage sent to the naughty room?

Battery operated is fine. I've seen various incarnations over the years.

We are only Gold ( will upgrade after this cruise) is there a separate checking line for gold at Port Canaveral?

I believe there is a line for Gold/Platinum/Emerald. Still better than a line for non-C&A. The exact offerings will depend on the port, obviously.

On 10/22/2018 at 12:28 PM, WAAAYTOOO said:

We were on that same cruise !  It was our first Thanksgiving cruise and we really enjoyed watching the decorations being put up.

Small world!
We actually rather enjoyed the 'turkey pardon' they also had on the promenade That week. It was pretty funny. 
My wife and I are going on the Oasis in January... so it will be nice to see one of Allures sister ships.  

18 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Don't know how, but I missed the whole "turkey pardon".  Sounds very cute

Yes, it was cute... basically had a crew member dressed as a turkey, and the head chef chased them around the promenade, while that 'benny hill music' was playing. But of course... the turkey got away. ?