Dinner Reservations

I've never done this before but from reading here, I'm pretty sure you just have to give your TA your friend's reservation # and give your friend your reservation # to give to their TA and tell them to link the reservations together.  Someone else can probably verify.  @ellcee just recently went with a large group.

14 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

@ellcee just recently went with a large group

I did! I'd suggest going to check on the reservations when you board. 7 seems more manageable but I'd still check with dining. I think we had too many people and too many travel agents involved...saying that, we were able to get the same table at the same time with the same wonderful wait staff.

3 minutes ago, ellcee said:

I did! I'd suggest going to check on the reservations when you board. 7 seems more manageable but I'd still check with dining. I think we had too many people and too many travel agents involved...saying that, we were able to get the same table at the same time with the same wonderful wait staff.

Did you link the reservations ahead of time before sailing?  And then once on board you headed to check on it?  Asking because my sister just booked the same sailing as us next December and we will have a group of at least 8.  Possibly more as Thanksgiving dinner is tonight and we have yet to tell the rest of the family.

Just now, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Did you link the reservations ahead of time before sailing?  And then once on board you headed to check on it?  Asking because my sister just booked the same sailing as us next December and we will have a group of at least 8.  Possibly more as Thanksgiving dinner is tonight and we have yet to tell the rest of the family.

Quick answer- no.

Not all of us were linked. I think the total was 17. It turned out not everyone asked to be linked, very annoying. I was linked to two other couples and another was linked to the rest of her family. Between the both of us the dining manager was able to figure it out and put us all at the same table. If I ever did this again (please, no thank you), I'd email RC ahead of time then just check once I've boarded.

My TA has requested that our group of 18 (who all have early dining in Main Dining room) have 2 tables near each other - one for 10 people and one for 8 people.  She's put in 3 requests for this and has not received any kind of confirmation.  The most important thing is that the people at the one table of 10 sit with each other (whole purpose of cruising together is to eat as a family!).  This is for Mariner on Nov. 19th so it's coming up close and now I'm getting nervous (I'm the planner of the group).  I'm assuming I'm going to have to go speak to someone in the dining room as soon as I board the ship if it hasn't been confirmed before we go.  Has anyone else had any issues with this sort of thing?  We're going for my in-laws 50th Anniversary so it would be nice if we could all be in the same section of the dining room.

On 10/8/2018 at 11:20 AM, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Even for a large party of 8 or more?

Yes, all you need is the reservation number and last name.  Despite Matt says, I think MTD is really easy for larger groups as they are much more willing to push tables together  to make a large party happen.  

On Harmony, we had 7 and so considered a large party.  We were in 3 staterooms so 3 different reservation numbers.  I linked all together to make reservations online and verified our table once we were onboard.  In our section, we were the smallest "large" party.  They had tables set up for 8, 12 and about 20 people.  Rather than only using the round tables, they would pull 4 top tables together based on what they needed.  It worked great.  

1 hour ago, RRoman7 said:

My TA has requested that our group of 18 (who all have early dining in Main Dining room) have 2 tables near each other - one for 10 people and one for 8 people.  She's put in 3 requests for this and has not received any kind of confirmation.  The most important thing is that the people at the one table of 10 sit with each other (whole purpose of cruising together is to eat as a family!).  This is for Mariner on Nov. 19th so it's coming up close and now I'm getting nervous (I'm the planner of the group).  I'm assuming I'm going to have to go speak to someone in the dining room as soon as I board the ship if it hasn't been confirmed before we go.  Has anyone else had any issues with this sort of thing?  We're going for my in-laws 50th Anniversary so it would be nice if we could all be in the same section of the dining room.

Did your TA make a reservation time for you?  She should have make a reservation for a specific time for the 10 people and then another reservation for the 8 and she should have confirmation of at least this as you could do that yourself online.  I would verify that the time for everyone is the same and then when you get onboard deal with the specific tables.  Make sure you ask if there is a separate desk for larger parties too.  

6 minutes ago, melski94 said:

Did your TA make a reservation time for you?  She should have make a reservation for a specific time for the 10 people and then another reservation for the 8 and she should have confirmation of at least this as you could do that yourself online.  I would verify that the time for everyone is the same and then when you get onboard deal with the specific tables.  Make sure you ask if there is a separate desk for larger parties too.  

Yes, we all have Traditional Dining early seating at 6pm.