Tips royal caribbean

Fabian

Good afternoon I would like to ask someone who knows if it is possible to eliminate mandatory tips in royal caribbean. I would like for me in hand to each one or that I see more convenient. If anyone has done it or is going to do it soon, please let me know. Thank you.

This was answered in the other post but I'll try again.

Yes, you can go to guest services and ask to have them removed.  If you choose to tip on your own, supposedly the staff needs to turn in those tips to the pool.  If you paid the daily gratuities and then give additional tip the staff may keep it.

Don't forget the daily gratuities are split among many staff not just those you personally see.  For example, the dining portion of the tip doesn't only include your MDR staff but also the staff in the Windjammer or those who serve breakfast and lunch.  There are many people working behind the scenes to make your cruise incredible.

If you really want to reward outstanding staff members, the best thing you could do is use their name on compliment cards and the post cruise survey.  This goes in their file and is best for their long term career.

Yes you can, but as @melski94 explained, you are still obligated to tip.  You can certainly go to Guest Services and opt to pay in cash, but keep in mind that the current structure of cruises necessitates paying gratuity to the wait staff and stateroom attendants.  You may already be keenly aware of that, but I wanted to make sure anyone else reading this thread was aware.