Quantum OTS Reservations (some) will be temporarily unavailable

Email sent to travel agents:

Dear Travel Partner,

We know your clients are eager to start planning their Quantum of the Seas sailing, but before they do, we have a quick update to share with them. 

Over the next few days we'll be conducting a system reconfiguration of our stateroom categories, which means they won't have access to their reservation from August 13th to August 20th. Rest assured, their stateroom location, dimensions, and amenities will remain the same. 

There is no action necessary on your part, but we are here to help or answer questions, should you have any questions please contact us at: [email protected]

We can't wait to welcome you onboard the beautiful Quantum of the Seas for an amazing cruise vacation!

Sincerely,

Royal Caribbean International

2 hours ago, JLMoran said:

I thought that only applied to Quantum Ultra, not regular Quantum class ships?

With Quantum being a ship out of the Asain market I could see some streamlining of naming conventions. Even if all the amenities don't exist completely between the two.

I'm glad they proactively provided notice, just curious though why it will take 7 days to reconfigure the system? 

Ship categories change often.  On Ovation I'm booked in a J3 next year which right now is an FJ.

Will they lock Ovation reservations for a week as that change occurs?

I just noticed that their Ovation deck plans have a ~7 day gap between them:

901794337_deckplanchanges.jpeg.38fd260f019a39938b1d4c6d53cf0ada.jpeg

Quantum's deck plans change 12/29/18 to 1/3/19 yet the reservation lock is 8/13/18 - 8/20/18.

320872211_qauntumdeckplans.jpeg.f1ac79eec2e24d5931d92e3b8f14c9c5.jpeg

Here is what you get if you try to access a Quantum reservation during the maintenance:

2051830516_querror.jpeg.a81e8a77d002c51051c038148e77a579.jpeg