Changing Cabin

Hi,

We have already booked on the explorer on 26th July from Southampton, with a reserved cabin, with the addition of some new cabins that have been added to the ship as part of the refit that were previously not available, could you advise whether we could swap to one of these without additional cost ?

Thanks.

Adam

Complicated question, it depends on whether the new cabins are in the same category as your existing cabin.

If they are you should be able to switch cabin within the same category without any penalty. (It sounds like this might be a UK booking though and I know there Terms and Conditions are different, but I cant imagine they would be that different!)

If it is a different category then things could get crazy in a hurry ;)

The reason we booked cabin 3618 was due to the fact that it had no next door neighbour, but with the refit it now does. We booked really early to reduce the risk of noisy neighbours by 50% due to past experience, but now we are no better off.

RCI have effectively told us unlucky and haven't offered any help at all.

The reason we booked cabin 3618 was due to the fact that it had no next door neighbour, but with the refit it now does. We booked really early to reduce the risk of noisy neighbours by 50% due to past experience, but now we are no better off.

RCI have effectively told us unlucky and haven't offered any help at all.

If it helps at all, I can tell you noise from staterooms next to me has never been an issue.  Other than on Jewel of the Seas when we had noise bleed from the Centrum, we've never really had noise concerns from next door.

I will add my 2 cents also. I have never noticed any kind of issue/concern resulting from an adjoining room door. It is my experience that the door itself is no different than having a solid wall between the rooms. I have had, on occasion, some limited issues with noisy neighbors (most often related to small children) but it was never the result of having an room-adjoining door.

Thanks guys for your responses...........we were on Oceana P&O last year and had issues with neighbours getting in a 1am, then watching films etc. In the end security were involved due to their selflessness and just wanted to avoid it this time around.

Thanks again.

If they were watching films at 1am, i'd have been watching the same film at 6am, 8am and 10am....  :P

Yeah- we've never had a problem with noisy people next door, I wouldn't consider it an issue... If I was out of luck and got some, i'd probably complain to customer service and demand to be moved immediately.

Enjoy your cruise!

Be more concerned about what's above or below you.  One cruise, on either Enchantment or Vision, we were in a cabin directly above the area in the theatre where the loudspeakers are mounted to the ceiling.  They had a late show on our first night, with loud music - things in the room vibrated, and the kids sure couldn't get to sleep (and neither did I).  

If you're below the pool area I understand you can hear them setting up the chairs in the mornings.

We have heard a little bit of noise from neighbours at times but no big deal. The above/below comment is definitely of more concern !!

Our first Disney cruise we received a free upgrade to a balcony cabin from our inside cabin .... yay !!! Didn't realize it was directly above the nightclub until 10pm the first night when the bass kicked in and we were "floating" on air as the soundwaves blasted through our cabin. Spent the next two hours on the phone with guest services until they finally found a cabin to move us to.

Above and below I check carefully now on every booking :)

• 1 year later...

I have booked and received a disabled cabin, and my friend who left it late to book, cannot get a disabled cabin, and her husband is in a wheel chair, is it possible to change cabins

I would call Royal directly. However, I can't see why they couldn't make the change.