Final Payment Price Drop

I wanted to pass on a tip to try and reduce your cruise fare.  We are booked on Freedom for ABC Islands in Oct. for my wife & I.  Sunday is our final payment deadline.  Today before I called the travel agent to make our last payment, I checked the pricing on our Stateroom.  2B Spacious View Balcony on the hump deck 10.  3 days before final payment deadline it was $468 cheaper than when I booked it 18 months ago during a BOGO 60 sale.  One thing that Royal allowed was for us to change our deposit from refundable to non-refundable (don't need it for final payment) at the lower cruise fare rate.  We booked today under the standard BOGO 50 offering, no onboard credit.  Not only did Royal give us the lower fare they allowed us to keep the onboard credit from when we booked originally.

Cruise Hack #1 always check the available fare before making your final payment and if you booked your cruise with a refundable deposit change it to non-refundable.  This hack just paid for one of our airfares to San Juan.:1_grinning:

14 hours ago, Clear Laker said:

Cruise Hack #1 always check the available fare before making your final payment and if you booked your cruise with a refundable deposit change it to non-refundable.  This hack just paid for one of our airfares to San Juan.:1_grinning:

That happened to me as well last week.  I'm really bad about remembering when to check again for price changes, but a day or two before final payment makes sense.  A lot of people with deposits down realize they will not be cruising and cancel around that time.