Passport & Cruise doc

Do you use your maiden name as a middle name? I'm not understanding how the first and last name can be correct if your maiden name was omitted as printed on your passport.

For what it is worth, I have a hyphenated last time that is often too long for many of the cruise line's passenger information system, so it often gets truncated and I've never had a problem even though the registered name is only similar, but not exact, to that on my passport.

Thanks all

I don’t have a middle name, but was required to put my maiden name & of course my last name on DL long ago

so my passport has my First, maiden & last. 

RCCL has my first and last. I did call RCCL they said TA needs to make the change since I booked thru her. 

TA says not to worry as long as my first and last are correct. ?

so...I was just trying to confirm TA words. 

Ha.  Good thing you don't have to vote in Texas.  My maiden name is my middle name on my driver's license (and passport) but my given middle name is on my voter registration card.  Thus, I can't be identified, even though my address has been the same for 40 years.  I guess if you are a woman you have to lose your real middle name.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/11/2018 at 10:57 PM, cruise-y said:

Ha.  Good thing you don't have to vote in Texas.  My maiden name is my middle name on my driver's license (and passport) but my given middle name is on my voter registration card.  Thus, I can't be identified, even though my address has been the same for 40 years.  I guess if you are a woman you have to lose your real middle name.  

That is crazy!  Seems like one should be able to change lol.  I dropped my maiden name when I got married and kept my middle name.  I still remember as a 21 year old trying to deal with all the red tape!  Ugh.... Jane

We just got off the Oasis this morning and customs was a breeze.  Since we did the loft suite this time getting off the ship was easy.  Left the ship in a suite class group at 7:45 from the Champagne Bar was talking to the customs agent before 8.  He looked at our passports and said "Welcome back , have a nice day".  That was it.  The last few cruises we only had to fill out a customs form if you had more than $800 of goodies to declare.  This time we didnt  get a blank form.  Not sure if that had anything to do being a suite class but It shouldnt have.  If you buy more than $800 just be sure you tell them the truth.  We have bought well over the $800 a number of times and never had to pay any duty.