Rollaway in a Junior Suite?

51 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Has anyone had any luck with getting a rollaway into a JS? 

Yes.  We had one last week on Adventure.  My TA called RCCL in advance and requested it, but was told one wouldn't fit.  He then advised me to talk to my stateroom attendant when we boarded.  We did and he was easily able to secure one for us with plenty of room.  The only disadvantage to the rollaway was that the blue chairs were put in front of the slider to the balcony, so we had to move them around to get out at night.  But as you can see, plenty of room to move around the room.

DSC03711.JPG

DSC03708.JPG

9 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Thanks @KathyC!! The pics help a lot! I was told before by RC too that it couldn't fit but I thought I had read recently of people doing it. It's good to know that it's an option.

The only downside to having to wait until you get on the ship, is that there has to be one available.  If they are all taken already, then you are out of luck.  ? 

1 hour ago, KathyC said:

The only downside to having to wait until you get on the ship, is that there has to be one available.  If they are all taken already, then you are out of luck.  ? 

Sounds like a good reason to arrive for checkin at 10:00 and head straight to Guest Services as soon as you’ve boarded. Secure the rollaway, then lounge by the pool for a few hours, secure in the knowledge you beat out the slowpokes and late arrivers. ?

1 hour ago, melski94 said:

Never thought to ask about a JS and a rollaway.  Will have to ask as I have all 4 kids in a JS in Nov and I haven't told the youngest 2 that they may have to share a bed.  This would save my ears from all the complaining! 

My kids hate sharing a bed so I'm always looking for alternatives for them.  No one sleeps well when they have to share.

36 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

My kids hate sharing a bed so I'm always looking for alternatives for them.  No one sleeps well when they have to share.

Mine too.  Mine are both adults, and are bigger than both me & my husband/ to make them share a sofabed is torture.  All four of us are in a balcony room with a sofabed for the Anthem group cruise and I gotta tell you I am not looking forward to 9 night with me & the hubby sharing the sofabed.  If it's the same size as on Adventure we'll definitely be snuggling.  My boys are both 5'9" and too long for the bed.  We're both shorter so our feet shouldn't hang off, but it will be close quarters.  Only way we could afford that trip so you do what ya gotta do...

26 minutes ago, KathyC said:

Mine too.  Mine are both adults, and are bigger than both me & my husband/ to make them share a sofabed is torture.  All four of us are in a balcony room with a sofabed for the Anthem group cruise and I gotta tell you I am not looking forward to 9 night with me & the hubby sharing the sofabed.  If it's the same size as on Adventure we'll definitely be snuggling.  My boys are both 5'9" and too long for the bed.  We're both shorter so our feet shouldn't hang off, but it will be close quarters.  Only way we could afford that trip so you do what ya gotta do...

Any way you could look at the deck plans and see if any balconies have an additional pullman?  I know that some do on certain ships.  I've never taken the time to analyze the balconies for Anthem.  Even if it costs a bit extra to upgrade, it might be worth it?

1 hour ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Any way you could look at the deck plans and see if any balconies have an additional pullman?  I know that some do on certain ships.  I've never taken the time to analyze the balconies for Anthem.  Even if it costs a bit extra to upgrade, it might be worth it?

My TA at MEI said nope...not on Anthem.  I'm holding out that one of the two boys won't be able to come. ?