Navigator Cruise cancelled

Royal Caribbean has cancel a Navigator cruise and expects us to be happy about a lesser cabin on a lesser ship for the same price that we paid a deposit on over a year ago. Customer service were just plain rude and unhelpful. They did quote us a price to upgrade to a jr suite, but then said we could not do that, but wanted us to take a lesser cat cabin for the same price. If you are unhappy about the cancellation, phone customer service and voice your opinion.

6 minutes ago, Bayfoxjr said:

Royal Caribbean has cancel a Navigator cruise and expects us to be happy about a lesser cabin on a lesser ship for the same price that we paid a deposit on over a year ago. Customer service were just plain rude and unhelpful. They did quote us a price to upgrade to a jr suite, but then said we could not do that, but wanted us to take a lesser cat cabin for the same price. If you are unhappy about the cancellation, phone customer service and voice your opinion.

OK, why was the cruise cancelled? 

21 minutes ago, Bayfoxjr said:

Apparently they need longer in the dry dock, refurb is taking longer than expected.

Sorry that happened. I don't think Royal had any choice under those circumstances. I would call customer service back and demand, nicely, to speak to a supervisor and be sure that you had set this cruise up over a year ago. 

13 hours ago, Bayfoxjr said:

Apparently they need longer in the dry dock, refurb is taking longer than expected.

If that was the reason they gave you, I would have to question it.  She is not due for a  refurb only if they had to do emergency repair to any major functions.  I think they were blowing smoke up your butt.