Rotational Dinning

NY Cruiser19

I don't have an answer for you, but wanted to clarify that it's dynamic dining. Rotational dining is something Disney Cruise Line does where you rotate through each of the restaraunts, visiting a different one each night. Dynamic dining allows you to experience different restaraunts, but you need to plan/reserve which ones you want to go to each night.

I stand corrected. I just read Matt's post indicating that RCI will be implementing rotational dining similar to what Disney offers. Should be interesting to see how this works. While I haven't been on the Freedom class yet, I would suspect that unlike Disney, the complimentary restaraunts aren't all the same size, which will make coming up with a suitable schedule difficult.

Ok just wondering if or when they will implement it. Going on Quantum on April 5th so just wondering which one we will have.

From what I've read elsewhere, which is based on on one presentation to travel agents by one RCI VP, this is going to be implemented on Anthem only at this time.

Two new ships, two new "incubators" where they are trying out new concepts... I'll be honest, I'm kind of impressed that they're nimble enough to be able to pivot to a new dining plan so close to deployment.

This will be interesting indeed. Given that the MDR is in itself a different theme each night, they may have found a compromise like I spoke of in another thread that is pleasing to all. If they can make sure parties of any reasonable size can still dine together I forsee this being pretty nice.

This will be interesting indeed. Given that the MDR is in itself a different theme each night, they may have found a compromise like I spoke of in another thread that is pleasing to all. If they can make sure parties of any reasonable size can still dine together I forsee this being pretty nice.

We don't have all the details yet but my sense is this will be handled similar to how traditional dining and My Time Dining are handled on other ships.  

GOT this from webinar today with Vicki Freed -

The Quantum is keeping Dynamic Dining as is - since its moving to Asia, no plans to change it at all

Anthem will have both Dynamic and Classic - you should be able to select which one you want from your

cruise planner soon - CLASSIC dining will rotate - your table number will be the same each place

you go and your server and table guests will rotate with you each night = figured pre-paid gratuities

will be added either way with these plans too

No plans yet to roll to Allure or Oasis yet at all - they want to try it on the Anthem with two plans

and then see the feedback so I would not hold your breath on the rolling out -

Their old time classic dining people really spoke loudly on this one.

Michelle

OK thanks..I assume the Grande is one that they will charge you to eat at.. I really like dressing up for formal night but to me it is pointless to pay for a meal when they have all that free food available.. although I may try chops..

I believe the Grande is one of the 4 included dining choices.

I'd personally opt for rotational dining; this is something I enjoyed on Disney. My only concern is implementing it on ships that weren't built with this in mind. The biggest complaints I use to read about NCL's freestyle concept were on those ships that were in the fleet before they went freestyle; thus, they had a harder time implementing it due to the number of venues, their size, etc.,the good news is that Royal seems to be responsive to customer feedback and is making changes as a result, which I haven't often seen on the other lines.