Some Unofficial Explorer News - Now Offical

F1guynz

Two senior members of the crew on Explorer have told me that she will be redeployed to Southampton after the Australia/NZ and probably Alaska season.

With Ovation, Explorer and Voyager redeployed that should mean we get a couple of new ships to sail on. The news is still unofficial but i guess it will become clearer once the 2019/2020 deployments are announced. 

I am excited to think we might get a couple of new ships to try. Change is good.

I do notice the last cruise you can currently book for Adventure is the 7th October 2019 for 13 days. It ends in Florida.That would coincide with the approximate start of the Aus/NZ season but it does seem like an odd port to start a trip to Australia from.

Carnival and P&O have been putting water slides on their ships recently so it would be a logical additional to the market.

Just have to wait and see as I couldn't find out any more information from the crew.

7 hours ago, F1guynz said:

I couldn't find out any more information from the crew.

Keep in mind rumors spread by word of mouth and the story can change as it passes among the crew.  Even senior officers who aren't in the Miami HQ every week are working from old data that could and probably has changed, especially this far out.  

16 hours ago, twangster said:

I wonder if they are positioning Explorer for a future dry dock in the European region.  With Ovation taking the Alaskan round trips out of Seattle in 2019 I was wondering what they had in store for Explorer.

I would think Adventure down under would be welcomed.  Recent upgrades, new features.  

Explorer has a repositioning cruise to Singapore at the end of the 18/19 season in Australia, after that who knows until they tell us.