Advice on Western Carib (Roatan, Belize, Costa Playa, and Cozumel)

Mike_

Hello,

I am trying to do my last bits of cruise planning and was wondering if anyone has any input on ports of call.  So far I am looking at the following:

Roatan, Honduras: 1.West End Bay, 2. Little French Key, 3.Tabayana Beach
Belize City, Belize: Stay on boat?
Costa Play, Mexico: 1. May Chan or 2. Tropicante
Cozumel, Mexico: Paradise Beach (heard this was good on podcast)

I have not heard too much good things about Belize, so I may or may not just stay on the boat.

While in Cozumel we also have a sailboat race in the morning that sounds great: Cozumel 12 Metre America's Cup Regatta

Thanks in advance for any advice... I am so pumped for this vacation... I need it.

Mike_

I heard the same bad things about Belize but I'd definitely get off the ship.  Get in line for tenders about 30-60 minutes before the tendering begins.  You can read my live blog post for more insight: http://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2014/02/13/navigator-of-the-seas-live-blog-day-5-belize-city

In Roatan, I highly recommend Parrot Tree Beach resort: http://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2014/02/21/excursion-focus-parrot-tree-beach-resort-roatan

Costa Maya: Mayachan was THE best all-inclusive beach I've ever been to http://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2010/08/02/excursion-focus-maya-chan-beach

Cozumel: I like a blend of going into the city first for shopping and eating and then going to beach to cool off.  Paradise Beach is a good, inexpensive choice

Thanks.

The only thing of interest was the tubing excursion, but with an hour each way on a bus, plus walking, I was kinda wondering if it was worth it. If anyone has done it I'd be interested. Of course I planned to book through RCCL for preference for tenders, but I also read or heard someone lining up early and said no one ever questioned them about their preference position.

Also, I will look into The Parrot Tree Resort, thank you.

Mike_

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Revisiting an older thread - I wonder if anyone might know of any sunbathing opportunities for the "less inhibited".  Wifey and I'll be cruising this very itinerary just over a year from now and are looking to perhaps be a little adventurous.  My bathing attire is brief as is it but I'd like to take advantage of a little more sun on my bunz.  I've heard about Paya Bay and Mezcalito's.  Are there others?

DB

If more sun on the buns is what you're after, you belong in St. Maarten at Orient Beach. There is a clothes-optional beach there. There may be others too....Orient is the only one I'm aware of.

Good luck !!

That was what I was thinking of too.