Phillipsburg - Can't Decide!

jennybean

There's a couple excursions that really interest me in Phillipsburg, St. Maarten but they are both only offered in the morning when we are there (which is unfortunate for RCCL cause I'd give them my money for both if I could do one in the afternoon). 

One is the historical Phillipsburg by bicycle and the other is the Sea Trek St. Maarten. Has anyone done either of these? I love history and cycling so I think the bike ride would be so cool and fun. But I've also always wanted to try Sea Trek and don't know where else I'd get a chance to try it. 

9 hours ago, jennybean said:

There's a couple excursions that really interest me in Phillipsburg, St. Maarten but they are both only offered in the morning when we are there (which is unfortunate for RCCL cause I'd give them my money for both if I could do one in the afternoon). 

One is the historical Phillipsburg by bicycle and the other is the Sea Trek St. Maarten. Has anyone done either of these? I love history and cycling so I think the bike ride would be so cool and fun. But I've also always wanted to try Sea Trek and don't know where else I'd get a chance to try it. 

After being there once and hiring a taxi driver to take us around the island, and being a scuba diver, I would opt for the bicycle tour after looking at YouTube videos of the Sea Trek excursion. It appears to be a little walking tour under water of a set up course with a helmet that you breathe through. You pull yourself along using pvc pipes. If I am going underwater, I want a full scuba rig so I can go where I want to. If you have never done any snorkeling or scuba, you might like it. Here's an amateur video:

6 hours ago, jennybean said:

Thank you @DunkelBierJay good to know! I have gone scuba diving before and quite enjoy it. Have you done any in St. Maarten? It looks like there's some shark diving that you can do there that sounds really cool! 

No, we haven’t been diving in a few years because of kids. We did it a lot before we started cruising, but never made it to Sint Maarten. I’d LOVE to do a shark dive though!

9 hours ago, jennybean said:

Thank you @DunkelBierJay good to know! I have gone scuba diving before and quite enjoy it. Have you done any in St. Maarten? It looks like there's some shark diving that you can do there that sounds really cool! 

We went scuba diving a few years ago in St. Maarten (during the winter months).  Worst diving conditions I have ever seen.  Very murky and the sand was very stirred up.  Never tried it again.