PICTURE THIS photos

Boop51

12/23/2017........Rooms 2634 and 2632 under Roger and Betty Greenslate ................
RE: Picture This Photos on Navigator of the Sea.......we just got back yesterday from a 5 day cruise. It was our 47th wedding anniversary and my husbands 70th birthday. We took all 5 teen grandchildren with us. I registered to purchase a jumpdrive of all photos on the ship. When talking with RCCL rep, he mentioned the high quality digital black and whites they were offering now. He asked if we wanted an appt, with no obligation to buy. I made an appt, thinking how high can the price be. Well................Let me tell you. We went to our appt the next day at 600pm. All 7 of us for family and grandkids pictures. Appt took approximately 1hour of our time. We went back the next day at 700pm to view the pictures. My 3 granddaughters and I looked at them an loved them, we could imagine taking some of them. We were shown a 16 x 20 canvas, a new plastic acrylic portrait and a gorgeous photo album. I can't remember exactly what the prices were but they were unrealistic. A jump drive with all photos $3000, the canvas was around $2400 and so was the acrylic. The photo album with pictures was around $2800. You could get either five 8 x 10's OR fifteen 5 x 7's for $500. I asked if I could take just one photo. They said the only way I could do one photo is by taking the canvas or the acrylic photo which was around $2400. NEVER ONCE, when I made the appt was it mentioned about the prices of the photos. No price mentioned until we saw the photos, then they drop it on you and you fall off your seat. The amount of time we spent taking pictures in there, we could have been going around to stations having our pictures taken by the RCCL photographers. We were cheated out of our time that night for pictures. UNLESS YOU HAVE BILLIONS OF BUCKS............................DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME! Do RCCL pics instead. Just FYIclear.png?emoji-mad-1709clear.png?emoji-mad-1709clear.png?emoji-mad-1709clear.png?emoji-mad-1709clear.png?emoji-mad-1709clear.png?emoji-mad-1709

All I needed was a picture of all 7 of us, one of all the grandchildren together,  and a picture of my husband and I.  But my goodness at these prices it was ridiculous!  My one granddaughter was a model for 7 years before she started at UF, and we never paid a modeling photographer in Florida any price like that for her photos.  We got all of them on a CD for like $150.  Sometimes 400 pictures or more.  Everyone on the ship who had gone to the place was complaining about it.  I think RCCL needs to at least compensate the people with one 8 x 10 of their choice because we were quite upset about the price and not getting any of the pictures.

Guest toodle68

I have rarely come across a professional photographer who would sell the digital copies of so many pictures for $500, never mind $150. So that is awesome to have that option. I just posted about our experience and it was similar in regards to hiding the price etc. In the end for us, the photos were amazing.  They really need to do a more honest job of revealing prices though. 

highway robbery...I don't care how good they are or how much money you make. If you have that much money to spend on some photos..how about you give it to all the poor workers instead on the ship as Royal seems to keep raising the auto-grats(tax I call it)......

But seriously...blows my mind how much $$ people spend on some things...to each their own and if your rich I guess you don't care but.....I have never and will never in my life spend that much for some pics on a thumb drive.

Guest toodle68
29 minutes ago, monctonguy said:

But seriously...blows my mind how much $$ people spend on some things...to each their own and if your rich I guess you don't care but

It's like those who spend money going on vacation/cruises instead of staying home and helping the homeless and giving their money to the poor..  I guess the fact you have 2 cruises in the first 4 months of 2018 shows you just don't care either..

Nope...just one now..and the Celebrity cruise cost $99 if you really want to know....so get off your high horse.

But yes for sure....big difference between spending $3000 on TOP of the cost of your cruise for something you could take/get for a lot cheaper for pictures.......

And I wasn't talking about staying home and helping the homeless....WTF.....I said if your rich and can spend $3000 on photos then you don't care...THAT YOU CAN AFFORD TO SPEND THAT ON PICTURES......don't be brining homeless ....I never suggested or insinuated or stated that. I was referring to cruising and the raising of the auto grats and how ppl talk about how sorry we should feel for the workers. Imagine how they must feel seeing $3000 spend on a thumb drive.

Don't put words in MY MOUTH>

• 2 weeks later...

If you would have handed me your camera or phone, I would have taken your picture for free!  Back in Cabo some years back, my sister and I met two women who were on an excursion with us who forgot their cameras.  Took their pictures with my camera and uploaded them to their neighborhood Walgreens when we got home.  Bam, done!  It was a sunset sail out on the Pacific - the pictures were stunning thanks to Mother Nature :-)