Allure vs oasis?

mom2mybugs

Ok... so the black Friday bug had bit and I'm dreaming cruises for March 2019.  We could get a nice western cruise on adventure,  but by then will have been on freedom twice and adventure once (pre refurb) and I'm not sure if it will feel old.  For 1000 more we could do an allure or oasis cruise (eastern).  Here is my question.   Allure out of Miami is 125 per person less than oasis out of port Canaveral.  That adds up to 375 for 3 of us.  Can someone tell me their opinions of the differences between the two ships.  I have never done an oasis class before.   The destinations are a wash (labadee and San Juan vs nassau and st Thomas)  so it should come down to oasis being worth 400 more.  Also would the plane cost out of Chicago make them even with the different airports (Miami more than canaveral?)  Jane

I've sailed both and those ships are practically identical. I would sail either one again any day. That being said, I always fly from DTW, and it is way easier and cheaper to get a flight to MCO than MIA. However, the terminal in Miami is way easier and faster to get to than Port Canerval from the airport.  You could look at it in terms of by saving $375 sailing Allure is that your difference in airfare? Or is it actually more than $375 to sail Oasis because you have to factor in the approx. 45min way to the terminal? Sorry, now I've created more questions for you. Lol. 

Not sure if entertainment choices play a role in your selection but Oasis has Cats and Allure has Mama Mia. Both have their own RC production and the aqua and ice shows are different but still very similar.

In the end, if it were me, I would probably pick Allure over Oasis only because I prefer the ease of getting to the pier. But either way, you wouldn't be missing out much by picking one over the other.  What I would do is sit down and break down all the costs of each ship, factoring the airfare, cost of transportation, and cruise fare. And then factor in the pieces you can't put a price on like ease of getting to the ship, options for flight times etc. Hope that helps a bit and doesn't add to your decision making already ?

Thanks so much!  I didn't even consider the price of the shuttle to Canaveral!  Now my husband upped the ante and brought up the whole should we do Europe for the destination or just Caribbean for the getaway.   Then I started looking at celebrity.... argh.... head is spinning.   I thought my teen would be all over going on the oasis class too and she says smaller is fine.  I think I will have to wait on this sale... too many choices!   Jane

The ships are virtually identical, so either would be a good choice. Let convenience and price of getting to the ship decide. 

I understand what you mean about your head spinning. We cancelled a Western Caribbean cruise on the MSC Seaside next month for a Med cruise around the same time as the process were much cheaper since it cold on the Med and the airfare wasn't much more for us than flying to Florida. 

12 hours ago, mom2mybugs said:

I thought my teen would be all over going on the oasis class too and she says smaller is fine.  I think I will have to wait on this sale... too many choices!   Jane

She doesn't know what she's missing yet! I don't have teenage daughters yet.  Tweens, headed there (yikes), but I can tell you that every time I sail an Oasis class ship I look around and think about all the stuff on board they would absolutely love.  Those ships are packed full of activities for everyone but a teenager will probably love it for all the amenities on Oasis class that others don't have as much of.

7 hours ago, Sabrinaklai said:

She doesn't know what she's missing yet! I don't have teenage daughters yet.  Tweens, headed there (yikes), but I can tell you that every time I sail an Oasis class ship I look around and think about all the stuff on board they would absolutely love.  Those ships are packed full of activities for everyone but a teenager will probably love it for all the amenities on Oasis class that others don't have as much of.

As long as she finds some girls to hang with,  she is good.   They just wander up and down the ship anyway lol.  We will be on freedom in March and spring break is a great time for lots of teens (she will have just turned 15) so she is pumped!  Actually she is pushing for a Mediterranean cruise/ somewhere is Europe... sigh..... need to stop paying for 2 kids in college so I can travel lol! Jane