Decisions, decisions...

KathyC

1 hour ago, mworkman said:

New ship...higher prices...gotta pay for it being built ? Just wished they didn't want it so soon ?

If your talking Symphony fair enough, but that's been the story for a while on Harmony now and by 2019, she's hardly a "new ship". Think I just need to adjust to Royal costs more and either its worth the premium or its not. So far I keep coming up with not but we shall see.

Since Harmony launched, I have already sailed on NCL Escape and CCL Vista that launched after her and plan to sail on MSC Seaside and CCL Horizon that both launched after her and in all cases the prices have been significantly better than comparable RCL ... so the new ship premium is apparently only charged by RCL.

1 hour ago, jticarruthers said:

If your talking Symphony fair enough, but that's been the story for a while on Harmony now and by 2019, she's hardly a "new ship". Think I just need to adjust to Royal costs more and either its worth the premium or its not. So far I keep coming up with not but we shall see.

Since Harmony launched, I have already sailed on NCL Escape and CCL Vista that launched after her and plan to sail on MSC Seaside and CCL Horizon that both launched after her and in all cases the prices have been significantly better than comparable RCL ... so the new ship premium is apparently only charged by RCL.

I agree. I think new ship prices are only partly to blame.  RC is just charging more period.  We have a sailing booked on Harmony this coming July 2018 and it costs more than our sailing that we just took in August 2017!  Same cabin.  So prices are increasing not decreasing.