Crown & Anchor Society benefits?

katjoe

1 hour ago, Larry Muster said:

Status match?  Mind BLOWN!  

I have a confession to make.  I used the term “spouse” prematurely.  Any chance they will status match for girlfriends?  We share an address and have cruised together frequently.  I’m not ready to give her a diamond but would be willing to give her diamond status. 

Your answer is right here in this post: https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/boards/index.php?/topic/5670-crown-anchor-question/&tab=comments#comment-59179

2 hours ago, Larry Muster said:

I have a confession to make.  I used the term “spouse” prematurely.  Any chance they will status match for girlfriends?  We share an address and have cruised together frequently.  I’m not ready to give her a diamond but would be willing to give her diamond status. 

Here is the verbiage from Royal's website: (bolding mine)

A Crown & Anchor Society member can be added into a relationship with other family members in the same household and receive equivalent tier status; however Cruise Points will remain according to actual cruises taken and calculated using the Program level accrual system described above. Pinnacle Club member tier status will not be awarded to dependents if earned by their parent and/or guardian. Pinnacle Club member tier status can only be earned by an individual, spouse or significant other by one of them accumulating 700 Cruise Points or more in the CAS program. For all tiers except Pinnacle Club, a relationship is defined as a spouse or significant other and children less than 18 years old. For Pinnacle Club a relationship is considered a spouse and/or significant other. Children will be taken out of a relationship with a parent or guardian upon their 18th birthday date. If it is found that a dependent or child is not immediately removed from a relationship upon their 18th birthday and accumulates a higher tier status outside of this time period, the dependents record will be adjust back to the appropriate tier status.

Para 21 http://www.royalcaribbean.com/cas/legal/

Some say spouse, some say significant other.  Others say girlfriend.  I'm not aware that Royal attempts or has any means to do anything but take what you say at face value.  If you call them and say "my girlfriend"  that could lead to some outcome.  If you call them and say "my wife" that could possibly lead to some different outcome.  One outcome might lead no where, another outcome could lead somewhere else, including something such as equivalent tier status.  It's your decision what phrase you use and I am not a lawyer to advise you in these or any such matters.

It's like Yogi Berra once said... "When you come to a fork in the road, take it."

3 hours ago, Mljstr said:

Entry into the Diamond lounge seems to be decided by the concierge. Last year they allowed our 18 year old to go in with us because he was in our cabin. Recently I saw a young family parents and two young children in the Diamond club on the Vision.  

Technically your child was diamond if you entered them in the C&A system as your relationship dependent.  Same with other family with children.  As a diamond they are allowed in the diamond lounge. 

Hopefully you added your child into your C&A relationship prior to them being 19.  Otherwise all bets are off when trying to get it applied retroactively.  

@Twangster,  I too used the wrong term. The child I mentioned was actually our grandson who does not share our address but did share our cabin for the cruise. And it makes sense about the young family on the Vision. Now I wonder about the other two 17 year old grandchildren we are taking in June 2019 on the Liberty. They will be sharing a cabin with us also. We will be D+ for that cruise..

12 hours ago, Larry Muster said:

Short answer is yes.  My daughter's fiance now enjoys the spoils of her Diamond status even though he has only been on three cruises.

They do share the same address.

First time Diamond Member. Anyone that is Diamond member has there old printout (picture )of the perks that RCI gave to you in the cabin on day 1  (this year or last year fine). My coming cruise is 11/17/18 on Anthem. I purchased refreshment package but not Deluxe (hooked on the freshly squeezed orange). However, during the day sometimes we drink some beers so will be nice to get some discount for C&A member. I aware of Diamond lounge free drink in the evening.

1 hour ago, Susie said:

First time Diamond Member. Anyone that is Diamond member has there old printout (picture )of the perks that RCI gave to you in the cabin on day 1  (this year or last year fine). My coming cruise is 11/17/18 on Anthem. I purchased refreshment package but not Deluxe (hooked on the freshly squeezed orange). However, during the day sometimes we drink some beers so will be nice to get some discount for C&A member. I aware of Diamond lounge free drink in the evening.

See this post

They haven't changed that I'm aware of.