Naples/Capri, Italy

pnk

Hello! We are going on our first Mediterranean cruise and Naples is one of our stops.  Having never been to Italy before (or even Europe!), we would love to hear what you did when Naples was your cruise port.  Capri, Sorrento, Positano?  We are thinking we are not going to Pompeii this time.  Thank you for any advice you have big or small! 

6 hours ago, pnk said:

Hello! We are going on our first Mediterranean cruise and Naples is one of our stops.  Having never been to Italy before (or even Europe!), we would love to hear what you did when Naples was your cruise port.  Capri, Sorrento, Positano?  We are thinking we are not going to Pompeii this time.  Thank you for any advice you have big or small! 

Hello! Have not been there yet, but we are going in july. So did a lot of research. My mom has visited Pompeii before, so she chose Capri this time. It really looks beautiful! Some beautiful sights there!(me and my kids are staying on board and have reserved a Casita for the day since we reckon the boat will be "empty", and since mom did not recommend Pompeii for kids) 

14 hours ago, pnk said:

7 hours ago, Plasticbrain said:

Hello! Have not been there yet, but we are going in july. So did a lot of research. My mom has visited Pompeii before, so she chose Capri this time. It really looks beautiful! Some beautiful sights there!(me and my kids are staying on board and have reserved a Casita for the day since we reckon the boat will be "empty", and since mom did not recommend Pompeii for kids) 

Would you recommend Pompeii if you haven’t done it?  We will be doing this port for the first time next June and was thinking Pompeii….   Jane

6 hours ago, mom2mybugs said:

Would you recommend Pompeii if you haven’t done it?  We will be doing this port for the first time next June and was thinking Pompeii….   Jane

We enjoyed Pompei,but in late June,  it was hot, so drink lots of water.

3 hours ago, ChessE4 said:

We enjoyed Pompei,but in late June,  it was hot, so drink lots of water.

Did Pompei once in August it was over 40C (104+) there is very little shade there so wow was that hot, but still enjoyed the experience.

Capri was AMAZING and the highlight of our trip. We loved it so much, we want to go back and spend a few days there.  We also had the best meal of our trip in Capri. But, it's all dependent on what you like. It has that picturesque small Italian villa vibe vs. the hustle & bustle of Rome and Florence.  ...That said, we skipped Naples and Pompeii to do Capri, so I really can't speak to those cities.