Question about guaranteed assignments…

Hi everyone….this is my 4th cruise coming up , but, the first where I selected a guaranteed room without picking the room myself.  We are theee adult women , going on symphony and staying in one room together.  Someone said in a Facebook group for our cruise that to know your room number a tip is to look at your boarding pass once it is put in your Apple wallet and the last numbers of the bar code are your room number.  Can anyone verify that this is always the case?  I ask because our boarding pass says dk 12. And then the end of the bar code says 12150 .  We thought this sounded great but after looking more closely , this appears to be a 2 person only room.  Didn’t know if I need to call and see if they made a mistake or if since it is early maybe this was just temp and not necessarily goi g to be our room number since Royal hasn’t said that, it just appears that way….

32 minutes ago, kittysoul said:

Hi everyone….this is my 4th cruise coming up , but, the first where I selected a guaranteed room without picking the room myself.  We are theee adult women , going on symphony and staying in one room together.  Someone said in a Facebook group for our cruise that to know your room number a tip is to look at your boarding pass once it is put in your Apple wallet and the last numbers of the bar code are your room number.  Can anyone verify that this is always the case?  I ask because our boarding pass says dk 12. And then the end of the bar code says 12150 .  We thought this sounded great but after looking more closely , this appears to be a 2 person only room.  Didn’t know if I need to call and see if they made a mistake or if since it is early maybe this was just temp and not necessarily goi g to be our room number since Royal hasn’t said that, it just appears that way….

It appears you have been assigned a connecting balcony cabin. The sofa likely converts to a bed for the 3rd person. Here's a video of a different cabin in the same category (CB) on Symphony...

1 hour ago, kittysoul said:

Room assignments are not "set in stone" until you can see the number in plain sight on your booking. They do not usually change but it's not unheard of.

In your case, however,  I share your concern. The deck plans do indeed suggest that this is a two-berth cabin, which means that the sofa cannot be used as a 3rd bed due to the safety rules regarding life boats/muster stations.

Have all three of you checked your boarding passes to see if they all show the same number? If either of your friends is an Android user, a bar code reader app serves the same purpose as the Apple wallet. I wonder if you might somehow have been assigned both sides of that pair of connecting cabins. It's very unlikely but stranger things have happened.

There's no point in calling until you get an official assignment but I would recommend keeping a close eye on this and calling immediately if it does turn out that the three of you have been assigned to this cabin. It could be nothing more than an outdated deck plan not properly reflecting a change in occupancy but definitely best to check.

15 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

The deck plans do indeed suggest that this is a two-berth cabin, which means that the sofa cannot be used as a 3rd bed due to the safety rules regarding life boats/muster stations.

What am I missing? How can you tell it's a 2-person CB as opposed to one like the CB in the video I posted?

EDIT: Oh, is it because the RC website says CB's are double occupancy? I never use the actual RC site to look at deck plans. The sofa in that video sure looks like a convertible one.

Just now, OCSC Mike said:

What am I missing? How can you tell it's a 2-person CB as opposed to one like the CB in the video I posted?

It doesn't have any of the symbols marked on it that would identify it as taking additional guests over the standard double occupancy.

If you scroll down to the bottom of the deck plan page you can see them listed. For example, cabins with a little triangle marked on them can take 3 guests.

1 minute ago, FionaMG said:

It doesn't have any of the symbols marked on it that would identify it as taking additional guests over the standard double occupancy.

If you scroll down to the bottom of the deck plan page you can see them listed. For example, cabins with a little triangle marked on them can take 3 guests.

See the edit I added while you were likely typing that response. This is an interesting one.

19 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

See the edit I added while you were likely typing that response. This is an interesting one.

I mean, it really could be nothing to worry about. It's entirely possible that the stateroom in question has recently been re-categorised and the deck plans simply haven't been update to reflect that. I don't know if you remember seeing a post not so long ago from someone who couldn't find their assigned room at all on the deck plan (Oasis, I think?) and that was exactly the issue. The room was clear to see on other Oasis class deck plans (Harmony) but had been added to Oasis during its dry dock and nobody updated the deck plans.

3 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

I mean, it really could be nothing to worry about. It's entirely possible that the stateroom in question has recently been re-categorised and the deck plans simply haven't been update to reflect that.

Royal not update their website??? No way! 🤣

I think something like that is more likely than them ("them" being what I have to assume is an automated system and not subject to human error) assigning 3 people to a cabin that only holds 2.