Specialty Dining "Packages"

So typically, my wife and I (D+) do not purchase a "dining package" but we purchase specialty dining reservations by restaurant (individually).  We are doing a B2B and when looking today at making specialty dining reservations, they only give me the option of purchasing the Unlimited package and the 3 restaurant package.  Do they no longer offer individual specialty restaurant reservation online or am I just trying to book these individual reservations to far in advance. 

Lastly, if I do decide to buy a package, does RCCL still select the specialty restaurant "for you" on the first night or do I get to select the restaurants I want on to go to on the nights and times I want to go to them?

I think Royal has loaded some of the more “distant” sailings with package prices but no individual restaurant prices but as far as I know, they have not ceased selling individual restaurants.  My guess is that they will load individual restaurant prices later.  The package prices have increased !

One interesting datapoint.  For one of our upcoming cruises, they are offering a 3 night dining package for a 5 night sailing which I haven’t seen in many years.  Normally the 3 night packages are only available for cruises 7 nights or longer in length. 

Yes, they are still making a courtesy reservation on either night #1 or #2 when you purchase a package, but those place holder reservations can easily be changed once you board.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, YellowBrickRoad said:

I bought the three night dining package yesterday with a sale. I noticed there was no making a courtesy reservation on either night #1 or #2 when you purchase a package. Does anyone know if that has changed? 

I don't recall the courtesy reservation actually showing up anywhere visible.  It's just in the system.  When you board and go to make the rest of your reservations, it should be there (and can be changed at that time).