tipping questions - suite on Anthem in Southampton

Getting my tipping bank in order and wondering a couple of things:

1) For suite passengers, are there two concierges in the lounge and do they trade off duties such that both will expect tips by the end of the week?

2) Are there still two cabin stewards for suites or has it been reduced to one with the cost cutting? Or was that just on Oasis class anyway?

3) For bag-drop in Southampton, are these British porters who will expect to be tipped in pounds?  Or Royal employees who will be happy with US dollars?

Thanks to anyone who knows and can help with my over-planning! 

British porters don't expect to be tipped at all but if you are tipping them it's best to do so in pounds. Nowhere in the UK is going to happily accept USD the way they do in the Caribbean islands so in order to use the money the porters would have to take it to the bank to exchange it, which is a fair bit of hassle for not a lot of return, especially once the bank takes its cut.

1 minute ago, Peter D said:

Do the Genies cover all potential concierge/guest services needs or do the suite concierges do certain things a Genie does not, hence tipping warranted? 

Yes, Genies can handle anything (and more) that a GS or Concierge can do.  I was once scolded (nicely, of course 🥰) by my Genie after being “caught” standing in the GS line for something I didn’t want to bother the Genie with.  The only thing I can think of that the Genie wouldn’t be able to that you would go to GS for, is getting change $$. There’s nothing that I can think of that a Concierge can do that a Genie could not.

On 4/7/2024 at 3:58 AM, FionaMG said:

British porters don't expect to be tipped at all but if you are tipping them it's best to do so in pounds. Nowhere in the UK is going to happily accept USD the way they do in the Caribbean islands so in order to use the money the porters would have to take it to the bank to exchange it, which is a fair bit of hassle for not a lot of return, especially once the bank takes its cut.

On 4/7/2024 at 8:32 AM, TXCoastPatriot said:

If a ship has 2 concierges, we tip each $50US.  Ships with 1 concierge, we tip $100US.

Thanks so much!  Helpful and practical!