Do ubers go between Newark to Broadway?

Well Broadway tickets for just the 3 of us is going to run $1,000!!!!!!

Not sure if that is worth it.  

Our 18 year old autistic son is coming with us so we can't just see anything.  I have my heart set on the Lion King personlly but as I said it is expensive.

My biggest fear is the transportation between the hotel (Marriot Spring INN by Newark airport) and Broadway.  Subways and trains are confusing and overwhelming especially with our son.  Plus quite frankly it scares me.

I would prefer to take an uber but I've heard I might have problems finding an uber that is willing to go between the two?

Help?

EDIT:  NEVERMIND Just saw that an uber is going to cost $80 one way.  UGH!  I google mapped the directions and it looks confusing as hell.  It also says it takes almost two hours to get there.  Our flight arrives at 4:15 and the show starts at 7.  Not sure we would be able to make it.

It's interesting, we tried the tourist thing from Newark.  We found no shuttles.  Although we were in a very nice hotel within the airport perimeter, the staff offered no help whatsoever when searching for commuting options.  They told us to Google it ourselves.  Wasn't their job.

Screenshot-2024-03-10-at-06-22-39-6-unre

We ended up using Uber to get to the ship.   That was the one and only Uber experience ever for us, and that part went extremely well.  I don't even know the price, as my daughter, back home on the West coast, booked the ride and paid for it.  We tried the train into downtown NYC the day before.  Made it as far as Penn Station.  Being hopelessly lost, unwelcome, and the NYC culture as it is, we tucked tail and went back to the hotel.

NYC metro might be normal if that's all you knew, but for a West Coaster, it's a foreign planet. 

I would dearly like to try this NYC thing again, but only if I had a  tour guide. 

Good luck in your endeavors.  

7 hours ago, Minuet888 said:

Well Broadway tickets for just the 3 of us is going to run $1,000!!!!!!

Not sure if that is worth it.  

Our 18 year old autistic son is coming with us so we can't just see anything.  I have my heart set on the Lion King personlly but as I said it is expensive.

My biggest fear is the transportation between the hotel (Marriot Spring INN by Newark airport) and Broadway.  Subways and trains are confusing and overwhelming especially with our son.  Plus quite frankly it scares me.

I would prefer to take an uber but I've heard I might have problems finding an uber that is willing to go between the two?

Help?

EDIT:  NEVERMIND Just saw that an uber is going to cost $80 one way.  UGH!  I google mapped the directions and it looks confusing as hell.  It also says it takes almost two hours to get there.  Our flight arrives at 4:15 and the show starts at 7.  Not sure we would be able to make it.

No, you absolutely would not make it. From airport to hotel to city would be an insane race. And the tunnels between NJ and NY at that time on a Saturday evening would be backed up forever. Not worth the risk and aggravation. 40 years living there, trust me.

10 hours ago, mjb1127 said:

I recommend Dial 7 Car Service.  I live in the NY metro area and have used them many times.  You can make a reservation in advance and I recommend , you do so.

Please also give yourself alot of time because traffic is bad.

https://www.dial7.com/WebRes/bookTrip/t2155?languageChange=EN

Dial 7 is the same price as an uber $100 one way

My last trip to NYC earlier this year had me take an Uber from LaGuardia to financial district and back the next day - $100 each trip.

If I was near EWR airport, I'd likely try to find my way to the ferries and then take a subway up Broadway from there...but if not familiar with the transit system, it would be confusing, especially with a person who has sensory stimulation challenges.