Wonder MDR 2/25-3/3

I'll preface this with the proud declaration that I've lost (well, had lost) 34 pounds since Dec, so my appetite isn't nearly what it has been all of my life.

I have always gotten the 3 Night Specialty deal but it never went down, so we ate in the MDR (deck 3, table 214 (Ni and Godwin)) every night, save two (Solarium Bistro (outstanding) and the jammer (pretty good).

After reading so many negative reviews, especially after BMC (big menu change), regarding MDR food, my bar was set very low and I was prepared to just skip it and eat in the WinJamerr all week.  But, to my happy surprise, I thought the food was great!  I mean, of all the courses we had, only one thing was not good, and that was the prime rib and it was just too grisly to eat.  

We usually opted for 3 appetizers (the onion soup may have been the best) and 3 desserts to share.  The creme brulee was fabulous, as always.  I wish I could remember more details, but the food coma I was in all week degraded my memory (along with the Patron/Grand Marnier margaritas).

Service was fast, efficient, and excellent.

I did make the cardinal mistake of weighing myself the other day, and now I'm angry with myself for losing my food/drink discipline.  I gained 12lbs, which is so much more than usual.  I usually don't gain at all.   All of the alcohol and food has made my legs super swollen, and I know a lot of my new tonnage is in them.

So, my motto is "Don't believe everything you read on the internet" because it was waaay better than I was led to believe.

50 minutes ago, Floski said:

All of the alcohol and food has made my legs super swollen, and I know a lot of my new tonnage is in them.

I eat a lot when we cruise and have several drinks per day and this happens to me (I usually gain about 10 lbs. per 7N cruise). It freaked me out the first time it happened until I learned it’s not uncommon. I’ve taken water pills (Diurex) during every cruise since & it makes a huge difference for me.

Thanks for sharing your positive experience. I’ll be on Wonder in 9 days & I wasn’t concerned as I’ve enjoyed the food post-covid but still nice to read about. I’m not a huge MDR fan but it was perfectly fine on Allure in October & I’m sure it will be fine on Wonder. I eat so much throughout the day that dinner itself isn’t super important to me anyway.