Travel agents

pat8635

After many videos saying the benefits of a travel agent, I was hoping there was one connected here.  When I didn't see one, I watched a great deal of videos and found and selected 2 that the reviews of ships and services sorta meshed with my experience. 

I am shocked that tripsy travel, after asking for business in EVERY video, said they were full, when I asked why they are asking for business the reaponse was, we don't specialize in what you are looking for.

I Sent them that I am very interested in jewel ots leaving Galveston on Nov 18th for 11 nights and am not in room much so an interior cabin is just fine.  

I would have figured that was easy!

I also mentioned that I want to put a group alaska cruise together, but for now, just working on this trip.

I used an agent for years in Virginia they took care of every cruise my parents were on diamond plus on royal, plus others.  They helped us till covid and decided that was their sign to retire.  I couldn't get ahold of new people and started direct booking.

I am solo on most cruises.  It is my get away.

Should I keep direct booking or is there and agency that will deal with a single guy?

HI @pat8635

MEI Travel is a sponsor of this site and the agency that many of us who love the Royal Caribbean Blog use. There is a bright yellow box on the home page here https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com  that you can fill out and someone will contact you. That's how I started using my travel agent @Jenn G-MEI Travel and I'm not sure I would sail without her!

Best of luck and happy travels!

We've never previously used a travel agent for booking (I know - sacrilege), but for a recent trip with five other couples on Celebrity the person who originated the process (usually my wife, not this time) booked everything through Online Vacation Center. We were very pleased with what they did for us.

19 hours ago, FloatyBoaty said:

HI @pat8635

MEI Travel is a sponsor of this site and the agency that many of us who love the Royal Caribbean Blog use. There is a bright yellow box on the home page here https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com  that you can fill out and someone will contact you. That's how I started using my travel agent @Jenn G-MEI Travel and I'm not sure I would sail without her!

Best of luck and happy travels!

Aww thanks so much! I love my clients! 

21 hours ago, pat8635 said:

After many videos saying the benefits of a travel agent, I was hoping there was one connected here.  When I didn't see one, I watched a great deal of videos and found and selected 2 that the reviews of ships and services sorta meshed with my experience. 

I am shocked that tripsy travel, after asking for business in EVERY video, said they were full, when I asked why they are asking for business the reaponse was, we don't specialize in what you are looking for.

I Sent them that I am very interested in jewel ots leaving Galveston on Nov 18th for 11 nights and am not in room much so an interior cabin is just fine.  

I would have figured that was easy!

I also mentioned that I want to put a group alaska cruise together, but for now, just working on this trip.

I used an agent for years in Virginia they took care of every cruise my parents were on diamond plus on royal, plus others.  They helped us till covid and decided that was their sign to retire.  I couldn't get ahold of new people and started direct booking.

I am solo on most cruises.  It is my get away.

Should I keep direct booking or is there and agency that will deal with a single guy?

Happy to help a solo traveler! I have plenty as clients. Jenn 

38 minutes ago, Biaggio said:

I’ve always booked cruises direct or through Costco Travel and never an issue. Penny wise pound foolish? Maybe. Anything more complicated I’m open to using a travel agent. 

One thing about Costco is that they apparently don't participate in the Royal Up programme. Not that there are massive opportunities for RU-ing these days anyway, with ships sailing so close to capacity, but I guess it's something that might matter to some folks, so worth bearing in mind.