Perfect Day at Lelepa

36 minutes ago, ApexoftheSeas said:

Perfect timing for Oasis 7

Most south pacific ports are tendered so unless sometime changes I don't see it as an option much as I would like it as an option.

Given the current pricing of Royal cruises it would probably be too expensive and Royal would get more revenue in the US. 

When it was supposed to open in 2022, Sydney cruise ship schedule had an RCL 'unnamed vessel' year round. Thanks covid.

Can Noumea take an Oasis? It could do round trip Brisbane - Noumea - Lelepa. Similar to Florida - Nassau - CocoCay.

2 hours ago, mattymay said:

When it was supposed to open in 2022, Sydney cruise ship schedule had an RCL 'unnamed vessel' year round. Thanks covid.

Can Noumea take an Oasis? It could do round trip Brisbane - Noumea - Lelepa. Similar to Florida - Nassau - CocoCay.

I’m pretty sure Noumea can take a Oasis .The dock is long enough and it has 50 tonne bollards.

Its a bit hard to find any information unless you read French.

2 hours ago, F1guynz said:

On the plus side Mystery Island may get some upgrades, but if Carnival is footing the bill will Royal still be able go there.

https://www.dailypost.vu/news/vt2-billion-mystery-island-tourism-upgrade/article_dcd695b2-4d09-5006-bea4-ed3f482daa7c.html

They would be better to spend some money in Port  Vila .
That island Iririki was or is for sale .Thats the resort in the bay .

They could get revenue year round without a ship .

• 1 month later...
On 3/30/2024 at 11:11 AM, D Alt said:

anyone have an update on Lelepa? 

Someone reported ,at a captain’s corner just recently, mid 2026 .

I can’t see the investment being viable ,just for 3-4 ships in Australia for 6 months a year.

Before COVID Quantum was on the Sydney schedule year round. I think the plan was to always have a ship here doing round trips to Lelepa. 

There will be Star and Icon 3 by 2026, and Oasis 7 sometime after that which should shuffle things around a bit. Maybe free up a Q class all year?