Finally Found It! Cranberry Raisin Almond Strietzel Bread!

So....wife and I have only been on 2 RCCL cruises and both times had the Cranberry Raisin Almond Strietzel Bread at the Windjammer.  We absolutely fell in love (not with each other, with the bread!).  

We loved the bread so much that in our excitement to eat it, we never got the name of the bread and I have been searching ever since.  In fact, I posted here asking about it but I don't remember getting a positive ID.

Recently, I was watching a YouTube of the ICON Windjammer and spotted the bread! Paused it, wrote down the name, and searched for it.  Found a recipe and made it.  Even with my limited baking skills (although I am a former professional chef), the bread turned out pretty darn close!  I am sharing the recipe below in case anyone wants to try!

https://www.food.com/recipe/cranberry-raisin-almond-strietzel-bread-330178

Bon appetite and Bon Voyage!

6 hours ago, CruisingNewb said:

So....wife and I have only been on 2 RCCL cruises and both times had the Cranberry Raisin Almond Strietzel Bread at the Windjammer.  We absolutely fell in love (not with each other, with the bread!).  

We loved the bread so much that in our excitement to eat it, we never got the name of the bread and I have been searching ever since.  In fact, I posted here asking about it but I don't remember getting a positive ID.

Recently, I was watching a YouTube of the ICON Windjammer and spotted the bread! Paused it, wrote down the name, and searched for it.  Found a recipe and made it.  Even with my limited baking skills (although I am a former professional chef), the bread turned out pretty darn close!  I am sharing the recipe below in case anyone wants to try!

https://www.food.com/recipe/cranberry-raisin-almond-strietzel-bread-330178

Bon appetite and Bon Voyage!

That one I never saw before but sounds delicious. The windjammer is so chaotic though I never get a chance to check everything out. I'll look for it on Anthem next week. 

On 2/20/2024 at 2:08 PM, RCIfan1912 said:

That one I never saw before but sounds delicious. The windjammer is so chaotic though I never get a chance to check everything out. I'll look for it on Anthem next week. 

On our first RCCL cruise, we just happened to go to the least long line at the Windjammer, the dessert section, and the bread was there.  We tried it and it was so good, we went back for seconds.  That was the third day of our Alaskan cruise.  We ate it everyday for the remaining cruise and looked for it on our Mexican cruise.  It is cravable.  

On 2/20/2024 at 5:11 PM, barjpoe said:

It can also be asked for in the MDR for breakfast. I ask for it toasted.  There could also be sugar crystals on it.

I don't think sugar crystals.  I think that the slivered almonds on top were coated in powdered sugar.  But yes, there is a sweetness to the crust.