Hotels in Newark NJ? Springhill Suites by Marriott?

Thought I already posted this but it isn't showing.

I changed my flight (as everyone suggested) so now I am arriving a full day before the cruise in Newark and am looking at hotels, any recommendations?

I was looking at the SPringhill Suites by Marriott, anyone stay there before?

5 hours ago, Minuet888 said:

I changed my flight (as everyone suggested) so now I am arriving a full day before the cruise in Newark and am looking at hotels, any recommendations?

We stayed at Springhill Suites Newark Liberty International Airport in October and will be staying again in June for our cruise.  Nice hotel.

On 2/20/2024 at 1:55 AM, Minuet888 said:

The answer is all dependent on what you're looking for.  Are you just looking for a nice, clean place to rest and have a good night's sleep, then have an easy ride to the port the next day?  Maybe GrubHub some dinner?  If so, it's a pretty good choice.

Are you looking to go out and eat?  Maybe see some sights, take in the NYC skyline?  If so, you're going to be very disappointed.  All depends on what your expectations are!

18 hours ago, Suzanne Elise said:

East Rutherford seems to have a good collection of hotels because it’s near a sports stadium. There’s a huge touristy mall nearby too.

EWR to East Rutherford to Bayonne is further than EWR to Hoboken/Jersey City to Bayonne, and Hoboken/Jersey City have more restaurant/bar choices as well as a good view of the skyline. Just my two cents, but East Rutherford seems a bit of a wasted opportunity to me. This is with the assumption that OP is cruising out of Bayonne.