PSVA-yes again. Hawaii, 4days Vancouver, then B2B alaska

Greetings

Ive been reading the PSVA threads here and elsewhere and someone on my Hawaii cruise has put out a statement that has thrown me and now I need to know, am I good to go?

Boarding Quantum in Hawaii-ending in Vancouver.
Staying on land 4 days in Vancouver
Boarding Radiance in Vancouver for a B2B  -Vancouver to Seward then Seward to Vancouver-then heading home to the states.

@twangster you seem well versed.  Can you provide me why this is okay (if it is 🙏🏻) or, if it’s no good, is there a potential to fix this without dropping any of the cruises?

That’s what I thought.  The person on my sailing is spending a night in Vancouver than going on Princess to avoid Royal  “due to the PSVA”.  (Their words)  I purposely avoided the ship that would have put me on the B2B Hawaii/Alaska due to what I’ve read here.

Thank you! I thought I missed something! I’d have gotten in a ✈️, 🚞or auto to cross the border and come back to the US and into Vancouver again if needed!🤣

As @smokeybandit has offered, you are not in violation of the PVSA.

Changing ships addresses the issue, staying one night or more on land establishes that you have fully entered a country taking the PVSA out of the equation.  

It's truly the end to end journey on a single ship with every night spent sleeping on that ship.

Even if you walked off Quantum and straight onto Radiance the same day that is not (currently) a PVSA violation.  

1 hour ago, twangster said:

As @smokeybandit has offered, you are not in violation of the PVSA.

Changing ships addresses the issue, staying one night or more on land establishes that you have fully entered a country taking the PVSA out of the equation.  

It's truly the end to end journey on a single ship with every night spent sleeping on that ship.

Even if you walked off Quantum and straight onto Radiance the same day that is not (currently) a PVSA violation.  

Thank you

both you and @smokeybandit for the quick response.  I don’t know why I start to doubt what I’ve read here!

On 2/19/2024 at 8:28 PM, twangster said:

This is the absolute best one sentence summary I've seen on how to determine a PVSA violation.  It's really easy to spot a violation once you understand the concept above (minus the distant foreign port outside North America exclusion).