Celebrity vs Royal Caribbean to Bermuda

SLM

Hi all, We really enjoyed our cruise last summer to Bermuda on Liberty of the Seas, and would like to do the trip again. I was looking at the sailings for June 2025 that were just released, and website prices for two people in a choose-your-room standard balcony in the forward section on the five-night roundtrip to Bermuda from Cape Liberty on June 12 is $2784; our travel agent can get us a slightly better rate which includes refundable deposit. 

I happened to look at Celebrity, and the Silhouette will be doing a series of SEVEN night roundtrip to Bermuda from Cape Liberty in June 2025; on the website, the base price (no drinks/wifi) for a non-obstructed standard balcony on the June 15 sailing is $2896. 

I think I did an apples-to-apples comparison, and I am really surprised that I can get a two-night-longer cruise on Celebrity for about the same price I would pay for the shorter cruise on Liberty, especially considering that I thought Celebrity was the higher-end cousin of Royal. 

Can anyone offer some thoughts on this?  Like why the pricing is that way, and things we should consider when making the choice? No kids in tow and just going for some unwind time in a beautiful context. 7 days to relax sounds nicer than 5  for the same price. 

Thanks.

4 minutes ago, SLM said:

No kids in tow and just going for some unwind time in a beautiful context. 7 days to relax sounds nicer than 5  for the same price. 

@SLM,  I've only cruised once with X on Apex.  It was a great couple's experience and would definitely take 5 days over 7 to Bermuda.  IMHO, my X cruise had a totally different vibe than cruises on Royal.  We enjoyed lots of relaxation and spa time without the kids.  The only draw back is not accumulating loyalty points on Royal but the status match is nice.

I have done 2 Celebrity 7 day cruises (on the Summit in 2023 & 2018) to Bermuda and 1 5 day Royal cruise(Anthem a few years ago).  I would cruise Celebrity due to the fact that you will have almost 3 days in Bermuda compared to only 2 on the Royal cruise.  I love Bermuda and would spend as much time as I could there.  I like Celebrity because it's a little more relaxing trip.  I have also been looking at the Silhouette 2025 cruises.

We have done a handful of cruises with Royal but never on Celebrity yet.  We’re younger (in our 30’s) with 2 small kids under 5, how would Celebrity be for a trip like this with the kids?  We like doing the Bermuda trip out of Bayonne.  Just wondering how the Silhouette would be with the kids compared to Liberty OTS…for the week we were looking at the 7 day on Celebrity is actually less expensive than the 5 day on Royal.

@Geoff P I'm no expert, but Celebrity ships were not designed with kids in mind, whereas Royal Caribbean ships were. I don't know that either ship has much for the under 5 crowd, but everything I've read indicates that while you can take kids on Celebrity, Royal is far better for kids.  If we were taking kids, I would definitely stick with Royal. I'm only looking at Celebrity because this will be our first cruise without kids. 

2 hours ago, Geoff P said:

We have done a handful of cruises with Royal but never on Celebrity yet.  We’re younger (in our 30’s) with 2 small kids under 5, how would Celebrity be for a trip like this with the kids?  We like doing the Bermuda trip out of Bayonne.  Just wondering how the Silhouette would be with the kids compared to Liberty OTS…for the week we were looking at the 7 day on Celebrity is actually less expensive than the 5 day on Royal.

I don't have direct experience with Celebrity's Camp at Sea program, but based on the very small number of children I saw on Reflection last week, if your kids like lots of other kids - stick with Royal. If your kids prefer smaller groups - go Celebrity.