Alaska Shore Excursions

Good Afternoon All,  We will be going on our first Alaska Cruise, our daughter was wondering how expensive are the different excursions are,  I wish we could look them up to see whats available before we book , any help would be great  thank you

They can be anywhere from $50pp to well over $500pp. It all depends on what you want to do and how much “Alaska” you want to experience. The more unique to Alaska the excursion is, the more the cost is going to be in general. Not many other itineraries give you the option to take a sea plane tour or take you for a hike on a glacier. These kinds are going to be $$$

We did Alaska last summer and did excursions through Royal.  2 Adults 2 kids and spent ~$2k on the excursions.  We did something in every port.  We are doing Alaska again this summer and this time we are doing 3rd party.  We are spending ~$1600 this year, but doing some more adventurous things than last summer.  There are a lot of 3rd party tour companies in Alaska that do the exact same tours as Royal at a cheaper cost.  I'd recommend looking 3rd party. 

We did Alaska in Sept of 2023. Excursions are considerably more expensive than the Mexico/Caribbean counterparts.

Not surprisingly, anything where a helicopter takes you to a glacier is pricy. What surprised me was that the sled dog excursions were pretty pricy as well, and in reviews I read you really don't do much sledding. 

We did a tour in Sitka, the Yukon train in Skagway, and rented a car in Juneau and did whale watching (on a boat) as well as visited Mendenhall glacier.