Brightline High Speed Train

I just received this for  our upcoming Odyssey cruise.  No interest for me since we live in Florida, I thought it might be of interest to those traveling in from out of state.  Haven't seen this before!
Royal Caribbean International

My Royal Cruise

Odyssey of the Seas
Feb 03 - Feb 11

Skip the Traffic with Brightline
Come-Seek-Bar_Yellow.jpg

Ride Brightline

And save 15% with code

ROYAL15

Royal Caribbean® has partnered with Brightline to make your boarding experience in Fort Lauderdale as seamless and stress-free as possible. Brightline is the only provider of modern, eco-friendly, intercity rail in America and right now you can save 15% on SMART fares when you use the code ROYAL15 at checkout. 

Brightline Route Map

Select from 16 daily round trips with hourly departures between Miami and Orlando, with quick stops at West Palm Beach, Boca Raton, Fort Lauderdale and Aventura. Start your vacay right and book your Brightline tickets now.

BOOK NOW
Brightline-Plus.png

Take Brightline+ to your terminal

Book a Brightline+ Private Ride — powered by Uber — directly from the Brightline app and enjoy a seamless ride between station and destination. Brightline PREMIUM fare guests can enjoy a complimentary Uber ride to anywhere within 5 miles upon arrival at any Brightline South Florida stations.

TERMS & CONDITIONS

Promotion is only applicable for Royal Caribbean International guests. ROYAL15 - 15% off is only applicable for SMART fares. Offer is valid for all stations including Orlando. Promotion available for booking dates between now and June 30, 2024, with travel dates from now through June 30, 2024. Certain restrictions apply, not combinable with other offers, including ALLABOARD and subject to blackout dates.

pixel.gif?r=f8285bc714a328fe08e50496eb35f91cd30f0610&campaign=precruise

I have used Brightline many times from Fort Lauderdale to Miami.  Next month we are taking it from Orlando to Fort Lauderdale as it was cheaper and more direct flights into MCO.  

I have tried the 15% discount code and it does not work for some reason but I am sure you could call and have it added.  We have 5 people so receive 25% off the fare from MCO this coming trip.  

The app and website do need some work though.  

This is just a guess...but if you're trying to book this from an IP address that is not in Florida, the discount may not work. I don't know if that's the case in the posts above, but if you have a VPN and you can specify a US location in Florida, the discount may work. I use a paid VPN, and there is a server in Tampa that is available.

I'm thinking about doing this for a cruise this March. We leave out of FLL but the flights are just enormously expensive, and they're considerably less to MCO (albeit still expensive).

I worry about the logistics (timing flights so that I either have to stay in Orlando if I get in too late to take the train that day, and vice versa), asking my kids to sit through two long train rides on either end of the trip, and just the general having to lug our luggage around on another leg of the journey.

For those who have used it flying into one airport and sailing out of another city, how has your experience been?