Stateroom Very Front of Ship

1 hour ago, Ed MacLean said:

Hello, we’re on the Symphony OTS March 3,24 and have been assigned our stateroom. It is at the very front of the ship under the bridge room 10100. Has anyone ever experienced sailing in that area before?

No, I haven't but we have been thinking of booking a cabin in this general area but on Odyssey. There are really cool extra large rooms in this area on Odyssey. Kinda hidden gem cabins on Quantum class ships. 

Just after the post-covid return to sail, my two teens and I bid on Royal Up (I always just book a cheap Int Gty) and were assigned the ultra spacious ocean view room on Oasis, exactly as you are describing, just above the bridge instead of below. It was a total hidden gem! We loved all the space to spread out, and watching the view of the helipad in front, as well as the views while sailing and coming into ports. 

Two somewhat negatives. My son and I feel motion sickness more easily than my daughter, and both of us at some point took a gravol before bed, as you do feel the motion somewhat more up there at the front. On our sailing, it wasn't anything that actually made us feel sick, but that is a note if any of you may be more sensitive. The second is that you will not sleep in on days in port! There is quite a lot of noise and rumbling (like, your bed will shake rumbling) in the morning when the ship is anchoring. Again, this was pretty minor for us and we are always up and out early on port days.

However, I would happily bid for those cabins again for the space and view! Hope that helps. 

2 minutes ago, WAYNO said:

Not my cup of tea, but I've sailed with family that loved such a cabin.  And I don't know if they are all this way, but they were not allowed to open the curtain after dark while sailing. 

Yes, it messes with the navigation on the bridge. crazy but true.