turning platinum between two booked cruises

Barbara

Hi everyone,

Just booked two cruises for 2018. After the first cruise is over we will become platinum members. Our second cruise was booked as gold members so no extra OBC for the Jr. suite. Will I be able to rebook my second cruise after the first is over to get the extra OBC? will rebooking cost me since I booked with non-refundable deposit? was planning on looking into this while we are onboard our first cruise but found you guys and figured I would ask. thanks for the help.

I don't recall any OBC benefits with C&A. There usually is a discount on balcony cabins, but I can almost guarantee that you're saving more by booking early than what the rates will be when you turn Platinum. Of course, you can always call and ask when the time comes. 

Here are the current benefits:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/cas/viewAllBenefitsLoggedout.do?memberTier=Platinum

I seem to recall being able to apply the next level balcony discount, but I was at NextCruise and was talking to the rep there.  It probably wouldn't hurt to explain the situation to either your travel agent or RC and see what they say.

I'm pretty sure that Doc is correct and there isn't any C&A-related OBC involved with moving to the next C&A level.  I also recall that Matt is correct that there may be additional balcony discounts for higher level C&A status.

It was a long time ago (and we all know how things change with Royal Caribbean) but when this exact thing happened to me they automatically added an additional balcony discount (I think it was $25) to my reservation.  I'm wouldn't hold my breath that this will happen for you but it did for me.

My point is, I don't think you will have to rebook anything.  It should happen automatically and if it does not, I would call them (or your TA if you used one) and I imagine they will take care of it.  You should have have to rebook.

Good luck !

I'm wondering if the additional discount will show up automatically ...

Think about it, .... you're really not doing anything to the booking, and since your C & A number is already in the system for the second cruise, it would make sense to me that the additional discount would be automatic since nothing is really changing - just the automatic discount rate based on your C & A level.

Mark