Celebrity?

deep1

Yeah Yeah I know this site is Royal but they are related kind of? I used to live on the island of Bimini. A buddy said he saw a RCL ship there a little while back. Thought it would be nice to give it a go for a quick fill in trip, to show Hyperhot , my Fiance, my old stomping grounds. RCL does go there but currently from only Tampa. Next year 5 dates will be added from Canaveral. I live an hour from Lauderdale/ Miami. Saw a couple other lines that do stop there. One was immediately kicked to the curb. I won't say which. Then I stumbled on Celebrity having one that does go there and Key West as well. That being another old stomping ground would knock two visits off my bucket list for her.

The question is how much difference is there between them and us. I'm so used to Royal and having a good grip on how to navigate and flow with them. Will I be ok with Celebrity or will it be a stuffy vibe? When out of my area of expertise I always feel ok asking the dumb questions that I don't have answers to. Wondering about the aforementioned snobbery potential. How about food quality? Amenities? Shows? Any other notable differences? 

13 hours ago, deep1 said:

Yeah Yeah I know this site is Royal but they are related kind of? I used to live on the island of Bimini. A buddy said he saw a RCL ship there a little while back. Thought it would be nice to give it a go for a quick fill in trip, to show Hyperhot , my Fiance, my old stomping grounds. RCL does go there but currently from only Tampa. Next year 5 dates will be added from Canaveral. I live an hour from Lauderdale/ Miami. Saw a couple other lines that do stop there. One was immediately kicked to the curb. I won't say which. Then I stumbled on Celebrity having one that does go there and Key West as well. That being another old stomping ground would knock two visits off my bucket list for her.

The question is how much difference is there between them and us. I'm so used to Royal and having a good grip on how to navigate and flow with them. Will I be ok with Celebrity or will it be a stuffy vibe? When out of my area of expertise I always feel ok asking the dumb questions that I don't have answers to. Wondering about the aforementioned snobbery potential. How about food quality? Amenities? Shows? Any other notable differences? 

They are similar but at the same time quite different.     Way less families on Celebrity as you don't have all the fancy things like waterslides, bumper cars, rock walls.     I have never found Celebrity stuffy or snobby.    I find the food quality higher on celebrity in the main dinning room.    Royal has a few more casual options.    Amenities and programming and activities Royal is better.   Shows are very similar except Royal has some types of shows on some ships the Celebrity doesn't such as Ice show or the water show.       Beverage package is better on Royal (but also more expensive than Celebrity's classic one).       If you are a person who likes all the activities/amenities on Royal, Celebrity might be a bit dull, but if you don't care about them and you are just looking to relax have some good food and service then you will enjoy Celebrity.

• 3 weeks later...