What will cruise ships be like in 25 years

I asked Google AI this question and it gave a pretty accurate response. No pictures but here the response

Cruise ships in 25 years are expected to be significantly more advanced and sustainable than today's vessels. Here are some of the key trends that are likely to shape the future of cruise ships:

Sustainability: Cruise lines are under increasing pressure to reduce their environmental impact. In the future, we can expect to see ships powered by alternative fuels such as liquefied natural gas (LNG) and hydrogen. Ships may also be equipped with more efficient propulsion systems and use waste heat recovery systems to generate electricity.

Personalization: Cruise ships are becoming increasingly personalized, with passengers able to tailor their experience to their individual preferences. This could include everything from choosing their own dining experiences and entertainment options to selecting the type of cabin they want to stay in.

Technology: Technology is playing an increasingly important role in the cruise industry. In the future, we can expect to see ships equipped with artificial intelligence (AI) and virtual reality (VR) technology. AI could be used to personalize the passenger experience, while VR could be used to create immersive experiences onboard.

Destinations: Cruise lines are constantly expanding their range of destinations. In the future, we can expect to see ships sailing to more remote and exotic locations, such as the Arctic and Antarctica.

Size and design: Cruise ships are getting bigger and bigger. In the future, we can expect to see ships with over 10,000 passengers. These ships will be designed to be more like floating cities, with a wide range of amenities and activities onboard.

Here are some specific examples of what cruise ships might be like in 25 years:

• Powered by hydrogen fuel cells: Hydrogen fuel cells are a clean and efficient way to generate electricity. They are also emissions-free, which means that ships powered by hydrogen fuel cells will have a zero carbon footprint.

• Equipped with AI-powered virtual assistants: Virtual assistants can be used to provide passengers with information and assistance, such as booking shore excursions or making restaurant reservations. They can also be used to personalize the passenger experience, such as recommending activities based on the passenger's interests.

• Designed with underwater observation decks: Underwater observation decks will allow passengers to see marine life up close without having to get wet.

• Featuring virtual reality dining experiences: Virtual reality dining experiences will allow passengers to dine in a variety of different settings, such as a castle or a rainforest.

• Equipped with robot staff: Robot staff will be able to perform a variety of tasks, such as cleaning cabins and serving food. This will free up human staff to focus on providing more personalized service to passengers.

Seems to me like they have it reversed. 25 years from now we are likely to be able to enjoy most of the benefits of cruising via VR. Your personal robot chef will be able to whip up a meal as good or better than on the cruise ship. Hotter, anyway. You'll be able to order up a Broadway show any time you like and watch it on your 3-d wall. You'll be able to go on any expedition you want, with VR. 

Cruise ships, therefore, must evolve to provide experiences you won't be able to get at home. 

It'll be interesting to see what happens over the next 25 years. Hopefully I will be alive. I took my first cruise in 2000. There is a lot in common between cruises now and cruises back then. There was the MDR experience, shows, excursions, and so on. I'm not so sure that cruising in 2048 will be any different.