Goldbelt Tram

Ampurp85

1 hour ago, Ampurp85 said:

I want to know do you ride it just one way or is there a return trip? 

It's good for both ways! I verrrry nearly bought this one too, but wasn’t sure if the sun would still be up when we got back from seeing Mendenhall. Turns out it was and we missed out on a nice view. There are only two tram cars and they move in unison (one up while the other goes down) so the line gets pretty long at the base when all the ships get in. If your ship is docking mid-day, I would gather the vintages and go straight here, if possible! 

Edited to add - it’s not just good for both ways, it’s good all day. So you could venture up twice if you wanted! Also, the line was non-existent when we returned from our excursion so waiting till later in the day would also be a good option. 

The tram gives very good views and there are several easy to moderate hiking trails at the top. Nothing crazy or requiring special gear. We actually hiked down a trail from the top of the mountain. Wasn’t the easiest hike, but I made it down in one piece and I’m not exactly a walking definition of fitness! Not a whole lot else to do up at the top. There is a restaurant, a gift shop and some kind of show. Having been to Juneau a few times, I would highly recommend looking at glacier oriented excursions as well. The Mendenhall glacier is simply something you will never forget 

2 hours ago, Ampurp85 said:

@twangster Thank you so much this helps a lot and I love the video and the views😍

Side question. Do they take donations for the Raptor center? 

I don't know if Lady Baltimore has or will return.  During the restart and the pandemic they didn't move her into her summer residence and since the raptor center in Juneau has dissolved.  Lady Baltimore is now in Sitka it seems.

https://www.juneauempire.com/news/fate-of-lady-baltimores-shelter-atop-mount-roberts-in-limbo/

13 minutes ago, twangster said:

I don't know if Lady Baltimore has or will return.  During the restart and the pandemic they didn't move her into her summer residence and since the raptor center in Juneau has dissolved.  Lady Baltimore is now in Sitka it seems.

https://www.juneauempire.com/news/fate-of-lady-baltimores-shelter-atop-mount-roberts-in-limbo/

That is funny, I just assume there was multiple centers, as I am doing the Best of Sitka which stops at the raptor center. But once again thanks for coming through with the info.

On 11/14/2023 at 6:18 PM, twangster said:

Thanks for the info, it is my first time and that is why I want to make sure it is worth spending money on it. hehe. I wanna suggest this to my younger sister, who is preparing for their tasks. I've experienced the consistent quality of essays produced by this platform, and it has become my academically. It is more than just a suggestion to suggest CustomWriting to my sister—it is an endorsement of a service that goes above and beyond. I extend an invitation to others to become a part of this elite academic community where essays are treated as works of art and referral bonuses are added bonus.

Thanks for the info, it is my first time and that is why I want to make sure it is worth spending money on it. hehe.

Edit: Can you share more videos