Cancellation for a Royal Caribbean Cruise with Travel Insurance

Janessa

I am having to cancel my cruise due to COVID symptoms and am going to a doctor tomorrow.  I was going with Girlfriend and her family. Me and my GF are booked a too together. My GF still plans to go. We have reached out to the travel insurance company and have started that process.  But when we called royal Caribbean we were told we would only be refunded taxes, fees, and gratuities. Does anyone know how this works?

The other thing you need to realize is when you go on a cruise solo it cost the same as 2 people.  I book my cruises by myself I pay double occupancy, but I do not have to pay taxes, fees, and gratuities for the second person that is not going.  The only time I do not pay 2x is if I can find a solo cabin but the solo cabin is not a Bargen.

2 minutes ago, Traveling Mike said:

The other thing you need to realize is when you go on a cruise solo it cost the same as 2 people.  I book my cruises by myself I pay double occupancy, but I do not have to pay taxes, fees, and gratuities for the second person that is not going.  The only time I do not pay 2x is if I can find a solo cabin but the solo cabin is not a Bargen.

This ^^^, if your girlfriend is still going and staying in the room by herself, you probably won't be able to get a refund beside your taxes, fees, and cruise planner items.  Does your girlfriend have another friend to bring?  They could possibly swap you out if it isn't within the 48 hour window.