marriage name/ travel document problem

amr03

Help!  I fly tomorrow and I've just realized I may have a problem with my documents!?! 

My birth certificate has my maiden name and my Drivers license (Pennsylvania) has my married name. 

I'm not traveling with my husband / actually separated) no marriage certificate i can find in the next 24 hrs. 

I read a supporting document is needed for different last names.   I have my expired passport and all my credit cards and mail with my married name.  will those help? 

4 hours ago, amr03 said:

Help!  I fly tomorrow and I've just realized I may have a problem with my documents!?! 

My birth certificate has my maiden name and my Drivers license (Pennsylvania) has my married name. 

I'm not traveling with my husband / actually separated) no marriage certificate i can find in the next 24 hrs. 

I read a supporting document is needed for different last names.   I have my expired passport and all my credit cards and mail with my married name.  will those help? 

Doubt it

You need to link names without a valid passport 

4 hours ago, amr03 said:

Doubt it

You need to link names without a valid passport 

A expired passports and credit card aren’t going to cut it. You MUST be able to link the last names through valid government issued documentation. It’s possible that your check-in agent will use what is common sense to the both of us and link you using your date of birth, but I would rely on that. 

I started cruising in the late 90s. I used my driver's license (married name) and my official state birth certificate (maiden name) until around 2005 when I got a passport. I never had a problem.  

My daughter in law has cruised RC twice in the last 4-5 years. She used her driver's license (married name) and her official state birth certificate (maiden name) with no problems (although I continue to recommend her and my son get passports).

Just relaying our experiences. 

This is what Royal Caribbean has to say on their FAQs

image.png.ffd021663ad0c9d71f115e89eec1b027.png

I would suggest contacting your TA or Royal Caribbean to see if there is an issue prior to going to the port. As time is limited it is best to get on to this right away to see if there is an issue. Maybe an expired passport is acceptable in this case but only Royal can answer that for you.