Celebrity Drinks

Marga

Hi,

We are RCL cruisers and thinking about booking our first Celebrity Cruise. 

I have a question about the drinks package:  due to medical reasons I am not allowed to drink alcohol. My husband does drink. With Royal we are always able to call customer service and book the Premium package for him and the refreshment package for me.

Is this also possible with Celebrity?  

Trying to figure out if we should just book "All-Included" or go with Cruise-Only and buy the packages separate since I don't drink.

Also with Celebrity it lists Coca-Cola drinks with the Premium package. Does that mean you can't get a basic diet Coke with the Classic Package?

The answer to your question is no. If one person in the cabin orders a drink package the others have to purchase the same package.

You have to know your per day alcohol consumption along with water/energy drinks, al Bacio coffees, sodas and Smoothees (premium pkg only at venues these are offered) consumption then figure out if you are going to use the package enough to warrant the daily charge. The classic pkg includes a lot of non-alcoholic beverages. You may find that the cost per day per person is worth it if buying the classic drink pkg allows your husband to drink alcoholic beverages plus non-alcoholic beverages while you just consume non-alcoholic beverages.

Here's a link to a fairly current blog post that will cover questions you might have about determining what is your best bet with or without a beverage package. For some, the convenience of simply presenting your Sea Pass card when ordering a beverage and not having a post cruise bar bill is worth it even if you're not equaling the daily costs. You may also find that the daily cost is much higher for the package than what you would be charged if you just ordered your beverage and paid individually for them.

https://eatsleepcruise.com/review-of-celebrity-cruises-beverage-packages/#:~:text=Can just one person purchase,the Zero Proof drink package.

6 hours ago, Traveling Mike said:

Everyone has to have a drink package, but you can get the Zero Proof Drink Package if you do not drink Alcohol.  You just have to let them know why.

• Classic Drink Package 
  • Premium Drink Package 
  • Zero Proof Drink Package (Premium Non-Alcoholic Drink Package)

Interesting.  I have never heard of the Zero Proof Drink Package.  Thanks for sharing.