Quantum of the Seas Apr 19 — Apr 29, 2024

JimD

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

i haven't heard of any itinerary changes and they are still advertising all of the Maui excursions even though some of those areas are still rebuilding so we are just sort of waiting to see. Anyone hear if the North star will be repaired by then?

On 12/5/2023 at 9:46 AM, JimD said:

i haven't heard of any itinerary changes and they are still advertising all of the Maui excursions even though some of those areas are still rebuilding so we are just sort of waiting to see. Anyone hear if the North star will be repaired by then?

Someone who just took the Alaskan on Quantum was told that it will be months before they can get the parts

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My wife and I will be on this cruise.  I'm looking forward to it.  

The Royal Caribbean app shows that instead of Maui, the ship is spending two days in Kona.  The other thing I find confusing, is all of the venues seem to close up on day 7, and the Main dining room labels day 7 as Bon Voyage.  Are they planning on shorting our cruise. or does the app have an issue?  

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/7/2024 at 7:39 PM, eman0925 said:

The Royal Caribbean app shows that instead of Maui, the ship is spending two days in Kona.  The other thing I find confusing, is all of the venues seem to close up on day 7, and the Main dining room labels day 7 as Bon Voyage.  Are they planning on shorting our cruise. or does the app have an issue?  

The app menus will always reflect the current sailing.  So if the ship is doing 7 days when you look at the app that’s the menus you will see, not ours., even when you look at our sailing.  Our menus likely won’t load until maybe the day before sailing, if not the day of.

• 1 month later...
On 12/6/2023 at 5:54 PM, Colleen M. said:

Someone who just took the Alaskan on Quantum was told that it will be months before they can get the parts

Correct. I've read on a few blogs at it seems it won't be serviced until the ship goes for full maintenance on dry dock. So, no luck on this. I was looking forward to this as this is my first time on RCCL.

On 1/7/2024 at 6:39 PM, eman0925 said:

Correct. My family and I are renting a car, and exploring Big Island on those two days. Sleeping in a cabin at Volcanoes National Park, then coming back onboard on the second day.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all.  Myself, wife, and kids (daughter 15, son 11) will be on-board.  If anyone has ever done an overnight port, do you know how late the tenders run?  We want to swim with the Manta Rays, but don't necessarily want to have to get a hotel for the night. 

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Terry from Michigan said:

We are on this sailing and so excited!! See you all in 2 weeks!  Were there activities to sign up for? I only found 1 show.

They hold a lot of the on board shows until you get on board. 

On 3/25/2024 at 8:20 PM, The Whitts said:

Hey all.  Myself, wife, and kids (daughter 15, son 11) will be on-board.  If anyone has ever done an overnight port, do you know how late the tenders run?  We want to swim with the Manta Rays, but don't necessarily want to have to get a hotel for the night. 

Someone said they called and RC won't commit to times now because of possible weather conditions but it has been up to midnight on other cruises the said. 

On 4/9/2024 at 9:40 AM, JimD said:

For those who rented cars on Sunday, how are you getting to the airport to pick it up? I heard there is a rental place at the oier but it is closed Sundays. 

We booked a van through Turo.  Arranged with host to drop off the car at Courtyard by Marriott King Kamehameha's Kona Beach Hotel.