First time cruiser - Solo Travel - looking for tips

Hello

I am taking my first ever cruise on Freedom of the Seas November 13-17. On top I am doing it solo. I am just looking for tips. I have already reserved my time dining for the 1st and 3rd night, is it worth it to do it every night or at least try one of the signature restaurants one night. Also I want to book a massage is it best doing those on Embarkation day or maybe a port day? cost is not an issue. 

Does Royal host solo/singles meetups as well? 

Thanks

Jon

@Jonathan Tanner  Welcome to the Solo cruise world.  There is so much to learn and know.  If you spend a little time on these blog posts, you will learn a lot.  here are a few items from a Solo Cruiser:

1. There is a difference Solo and Single.  Just as on land be careful and know what your expectations are.  
  2. There are always Solo Cruser get together but in my experience they are terrible.  they are a no-host and in a bar that is busy with other cruisers.  It is very hard to figure out who is there to meet people and who is there to have a drink.
  3. Join the activities to meet people.  I meet people just setting at the bar, eating at the buffet and doing ship activities.
  4. If you want to meet people eat dinner at a large table.  If you want to get dinner done quickly go at 6 pm and set by yourself.  I can show up at 6 pm and have dinner done in 30 minutes when I eat alone.
  5. Look for the Facebook Group for your cruise.  Just search Facebook for your ship name and date.  You will end up with many friends before you get on the ship.
  6. last one for now.  As a solo cruiser I love the longer cruises on a smaller ship.  They tend to do more planning before the cruise and more activities during the cruise.  You also see the same people for 14 days and have time to meet them.  I love sea days to relax and enjoy the ship and people I have meet.

• 7 months later...

For your first cruise, dining every night is worth it to fully experience the ship's offerings. Trying a signature restaurant for one night adds a special touch to your experience. Booking a massage on a port day can be more relaxing without the rush of embarkation.

Royal Caribbean does host solo/singles meetups, a great way to connect with fellow travelers. Enjoy your cruise adventure, and if you're ever in Dubai, consider checking out safari desert dubai for a unique experience.