Best of Ephesus Tour

hikercbg

I believe it’s referring to the actual site of Ephesus being strenuous, more than the Basilica or House of Virgin Mary. The entire site is quite a walk, with a slight incline and some uneven footing and stairs throughout. It took us just over an hour to walk the length of the city ruins (at the pace of the tour guide, not us) and there is no shade to be found, so it’s pretty exhausting if you’re going in the summer. 

It was so awesome and definitely worth the heat! 

IMG_2842.thumb.jpeg.af2eb8fcedf2c6d3ddcf693a2f6c8a71.jpeg

IMG_2806.thumb.jpeg.cb67243e2bfdf2c45bd155c65bf40cb4.jpeg

IMG_2882.thumb.jpeg.d3cd451352106305fdbf0d7f8652e0de.jpeg

IMG_2901.thumb.jpeg.7515fade67a5350000410de44d8515a5.jpeg

We just did this in August 2023.  I am disabled and walk with a cane.  I had no issue with the distance.  However, the entire path from the upper to the lower city is marble stone and very slippery.  Thankfully my wife took my hand and I had to go very slowly.  People without disability seemed to have no problems.  I highly recommend Ephesus!

IMG_9890.JPG

IMG_7666.JPG

It took us about 2 hours as we did a private tour for our group of 6. Our guide was excellent! It is a city in “ruins” so uneven footing. 

If you have any hesitation, I’d highly recommend doing a private tour where you can go at your own pace and not feel stressed to keep up with a large cruise ship tour. 

We booked with Ephesus Port Tours and it was VERY affordable and quite a bit less than Royal’s tour.