Bags Lost at Terminal - experiences of getting them back?

Hello everyone, I'm looking for some help from any of you who may have been separated from their baggage recently at the terminal.

We sailed on the WotS out of Port Canaveral on 20th August, returning on the 27th.  When we arrived in the baggage hall, some of our bags were missing, we tracked them down, had a porter assist us outside to the Alamo pick up. We then picked up our hire car, my dad loaded the car while I sorted getting our daughter a car seat and into the car. We then headed off to MCO where we discovered one of our cases missing.  Checking the AirTag in the case we managed to see that it was in the port however none of RC's customer service lines were being answered so there seemed nothing would be done.

Thankfully my OH managed to contact someone on the sailing through the FB roll call group and they found the bag (even offering to keep hold of it for us) It was given back to RC, who appear to have just loaded it back onto the ship? Is this what Royal usually do? we've filed the chargeback request however have had no confirmation despite the bag currently being with the ship off the coast of Cuba?  does anyone else have any experiences of getting bags back in similar circumstances?

The unclaimed bag should have been sent to the warehouse with a chargerback attached (one that they do to match with the chargeback you did).   I am surprised that the bag was loaded back on the ship, but this was probably because someone actually claimed the bag and then returned it.  Most likely this coming turnaround day, the bag will be entered into chargerback and sent to the warehouse.  Have you received an email yet from Royal?  

Good Luck, had a friend misplace/forget to pick up their bag departing, actually set it down picking multiple other bags in departure hall, on Allure in late February when I was doing 2 more sailings.  It took me all of 2 weeks to recover it, checking every other day with Senior Officers, but it also went back on the ship and was recovered 2nd week after their departure on day 5 of 7.  All I can say is good luck.

Slight threadjack ... After disembarking one cruise we were missing one bag. Waited for hours for it to appear and finally decided to just leave and deal with it later as we had a 7-hour drive back home. This was in Tampa, so my wife and daughter waited out on Channelside while I went to the garage to get the car. When I picked them up outside the deck my wife was standing there with my bag!

I was like what???? She said there was a large van loading up people and their luggage and one the people asked, "Who is [insert my name]?" She yelled back. "That's my husband's bag!" Since then I've never once left my bags out for disembarkation. 🙂