Non Oasis class ship recommendations

gi333

2 hours ago, gi333 said:

Is freedom of the seas a downgrade compared the Oasis? Big price difference but do you regret it?

Not necessarily a downgrade. Just a different, smaller class of ship. So you have to set your expectations before you go. You cannot go on a Freedom class ship, expecting it to be just like Oasis class. Just like you cannot book go on Oasis class and expect it to be like Icon class, etc. 

1 hour ago, gi333 said:

to my understanding laser tag is also available of freedom ? 

are the shoes at the royal theater good for families and children ? i dont think they offer broadways like the oasis ans other ships. 

thanks 

Yes, I did laser tag on Freedom and it was fun. I think it is offered on port days though because I did it during either our day at PDCC or Nassau. 

Broadway shows are only on Oasis and some Quantum class ships. The shows are okay for families but a bit dated. Off my head there was "Once upon a time" and "Marquee," Marquee wasn't for me as I am not big on dance shows. 

On 8/25/2023 at 9:56 AM, gi333 said:

Hi everyone.

I would like to have some recommendations of non Oasis class ship if possible. Just returned from oasis of the seas and it was amazing. I know I started with the best but we would like to cruise again but prices are nuts. Any non Oasis class that doesn't feel boring or old? Even if Aqua theater is not there?  Liberty of the seas looks cool with that waterslide..

Thanks 

Freedom 100%

2 hours ago, Ampurp85 said:

The shows are okay for families but a bit dated. Off my head there was "Once upon a time" and "Marquee," Marquee wasn't for me as I am not big on dance shows. 

Shows on Freedom struck me as a little dated. They were ok. But not the level as the Broadway or Royal productions on Oasis or Quantum class. Freedom would still be my choice between the Freedom class ships though. You just have to set your expectations accordingly.