Car Rental Snafu

ChessE4

This is just a heads-up that I recently booked a car rental online through AAA for a Thrifty vehicle, and Thrifty didn't honor the reservation price at check-in.  I had to pay an inflated price with no discount. Since many cruisers use car rentals to get to ports or sight-see, I thought I'd post this warning.  I don't believe I did anything wrong in making my reservation, but in the future, I will work directly with whichever rental provider I choose.  Thrifty claims the problem is "3rd parties".

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/29/2023 at 11:17 AM, USCG Teacher said:

This is an interesting development.  A few weeks ago I was at a local NJ attraction that had a sign posted at their ticket office that said that effective immediately they were no longer accepting AAA passes due to "delayed payment and lack of communication."  🤔

I complained to AAA and was told to contact Herz. Herz says car I was given was larger. I said that was their problem as I didn't pick an upgrade. Won't  deal with them again and exploring how to follow up on their bait and switch tactic. Funny that Thrifty didn't say car was larger. It certainly didn't seem larger.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/20/2023 at 4:18 AM, Biaggio said:

Always book car rental with Costco. Never an issue. Book early as possible and check it periodically prior to the rental date. Price goes down I cancel and rebook no charge. Saved hundreds of dollars that way. territorial io

I also think Costo is one of the best car rental service. I often book car rental with Costo